The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
We are currently searching for an experienced Program Coordinator to oversee delivery of our flagship education programme, Generation Global, in Lebanon.
Please note: we will only be accepting applications from candidates with the right to work in Lebanon.
Generation Global is an education programme for secondary school students and teachers which currently has over 1,200 registered schools in over 35 countries. The programme equips teachers and students with the skills of dialogue and provides practical opportunities to practice them with peers around the world, to build open-mindedness and prepare young people to navigate an increasingly complex globalised world.
The scope of work and required experience for this engagement are:
- As a skilled program coordinator, the ability to deliver activities effectively according to program plan, timelines and budget.
- Represent the program and the Institute effectively at working levels at external events and meetings.
- Contribute towards sharing of lessons learned and best practice examples with other programs across the organisation.
- Ensure funds are applied according to financial management and control policies, donor funding requirements and within approved budgets to deliver on agreed priorities within agreed timeframes.
- Support the program manager to contribute towards pursuing relevant fundraising opportunities.
- Under the supervision of the program manager, ensure effective delivery of program activities in accordance with the business plan, workplan, timelines and budget.
- Work with technical teams and facilitators, when needed, in the delivery of annual program plans and training targets.
- Work closely with partner organisations in building capacity, where required, and ensure the delivery of programs and activities.
- Work closely with the Education and Training Unit to deliver training to educators as well as provide support in the scheduling and quality delivery of trainings, video conferences, digital dialogue, by colleagues, teachers and external facilitators.
- Ensure financial systems and processes are adhered to and regularly monitor program expenditure against budget to mitigate underspends/ overspends and to ensure Value for Money.
- Support the program manager to ensure quality and timely reporting to donors.
- Support the program manager in the implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities, including data collection and analysis, in line with the CE pillar’s strategy and programs’ MEL plans.
- Be responsible for facilitating video conferences, as well as be available for facilitation training and quality assurance.
- Provide advice to the program manager on the external context that may affect the implementation of the program and overall strategy, based on the ground insight and experience.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant corporate policies, program systems and processes, including those related to safeguarding, security and legal matters.
- Contribute to the production of the program’s risk matrix and its annual review. Support the program manager to work with colleagues across the institute and externally, where applicable, to mitigate these risks.
- Identify and manage external relationships and partnerships that advance the Institute’s work.
- Support the program manager in the development of annual business plans and best practice guidelines related to program cycle management.
- Support the program manager to adhere to action research principles, ensuring program design is informed by research and that program evaluation informs research, and that lessons are shared with the wider stakeholder community to inform best practice and influence policy change.
- Contribute to Generation Global’s comms plan and provide support in country/ regional advocacy and fundraising for the program.
- Keep abreast of changes in the sector to ensure the ongoing relevance of our work and to explore potential new programs, innovations and partnerships.
This role coordinates the in country day-to-day operations of Generation Global to drive efficiency and ensure programs have the maximum intended impact on its beneficiaries. The role is expected to contribute towards quality delivery of Generation Global’s in country strategy, programs and for the stewardship of key program stakeholders and partners.
This role sits in a fast-paced and busy Programs Team and should demonstrate the following core skills:
- Program coordination experience, including building partner capacity in areas such as donor compliance, program delivery, MEAL and reporting
- Detailed contextual knowledge of Lebanon and understanding of the not-for-profit and education sector (formal and informal) in Lebanon
- Positive track record of working with relevant Generation Global stakeholders e.g. government bodies, educators, not for profit and private sector organisations.
- Experience in coordinating and implementing multiple and varied tasks according to program plan, budget and donor requirements.
- Ability to deliver high-quality and timely communications and reporting.
- Self starter with the ability to manage own work load and flexibility to be able to respond, on occasion, to requests at short notice.
- Understanding and experience of undertaking budgeting, monitoring and reporting, and ensuring compliance with TBI finance policies on procurement and Value for Money.
- Awareness of relevant policy contexts and the need to influence policy with evidence of effective programming and practical solutions.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning systems and processes, including impact assessment and reporting, and sharing lessons and best practice.
- Ability to collaborate within teams and across areas of expertise to design and implement programs to the highest quality.
- Ability to communicate in English and Arabic, both verbally and in writing, to a high standard. French language skills an advantage.
- Able to network with a range of stakeholders in order to manage partnerships and relationships that advance the mission of the Institute and advocate its work.
- Awareness of diverse funding sources, and experience of contributing to successful program development and proposal/bid-writing for a range of donors.
- Ability to be take initiative and contribute towards creative problem solving.
- Ability to drive continual improvements to systems and ways of working.
- Passion for tackling complex social challenges, and dedication to affecting meaningful change.
- Several years of experience of working with local Lebanese not for profit organizations
- Commitment to and experience of promoting inclusion and diversity within the Lebanese context
- Experience with working with young people under challenging circumstances
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a bespoke covering letter today setting out how you meet the person specification for this role
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change equips leaders and governments for a global future. By shaping policy and providing practical support, we help political leaders and governments build open, inclusive and prosperous societies in a globalised world. Our Policy Futures work shapes the debate with bold ideas and practical reforms on global issues ranging from extremism to technology, education and immigration. Our Government Advisory practice offers leaders strategic advice and practical support for effective delivery and structural transformation.