The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Senior Advisor - Health Tech
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
Our Global Client Solutions team is at the heart of how we define “what we do” and bring the best of the Institute and our networks to global leaders through our country advisory teams. As a centre of excellence, Global Client Solutions is comprised of our centrally-situated global and regional experts – functional and sectoral. Our experts provide valuable counsel, technical support, thought partnership, strategy, and surge capacity and lead the development and evolution of our solutions, methods, and offers in the service of our partner governments.
TBI advises senior political leaders on their top priorities in health reform, health technology, innovation and life sciences – to prepare for and engage in the future of healthcare, to shift health systems from reactive to proactive, and to manage the complex strategy, policy, and to deliver the action required to reform and evolve healthcare.
TBI’s work in health evolved rapidly alongside the urgency for political action to respond to the pandemic. We are now in a place of evolving our health strategy, offers, and solutions in the post-pandemic context and working to ensure health stays at the top of the political agenda and with technology as a critical enabler.
The Senior Advisor, HealthTech is an important senior expert role within our global health anchor team in Global Client solutions. Working with the Director, Health you will develop, evolve, and cohere our solutions for leaders on health technology including, but not limited to, digital health and virtual care, improved use of data for patient care and policymaking, leveraging cutting edge trends in artificial intelligence on diagnostics and treatment, genomics and surveillance, and harnessing the new opportunities technology is bringing to the healthcare and public health space through strategy, policy, and delivery.
You will deliver globally-recognised, practical subject matter expertise to TBI country teams and clients which supports client discussions, new project design, and key deliverables ensuring we are bringing the best of TBI to our health work. To do so, you will need to collaboratively engage across government advisory and with our global Policy & Politics and Strategy & Partnerships Divisions to bring in bold solutions from our growing body of through leadership and to draw on evolving partnerships which enhance our solutions.
This role is largely client-facing and comes with significant international travel of approximately 30 percent.
Visa support provided for London and Abu Dhabi/Dubai. Nairobi (work authorisation is required).
Accra - Relocation will be considered for the successful candidate.
This is a senior role within TBI and will be held by an exceptional candidate with deep and extensive experience and relationships in the health and technology sectors. Key responsibilities will include:
Offer and solution development
· Working with the Director, Health in GCS, develop, enhance, and continually evolve our offer strategy in health reform including helping leaders solve key challenges in the cost and quality of care and create pathways for innovation
· Lead the creation and development of assets and collateral which support our teams to develop and deliver quality and impactful projects and complement your hands-on expert support
· Identify and utilise knowledge of upcoming trends and opportunities to generate new solutions to enhance our support to senior political leaders drawing from our Policy & politics department and our wider technology anchor team and community of practice
· Capture best practices from our growing portfolio of work to create an effective, but agile feedback loop for our solutions and offer, working with performance and impact teams
· Work collaboratively with GCS colleagues across offer areas (functional and sectoral) to create solutions which respond to complex challenges and cut across subject matters of expertise
Subject matter expertise in client service
· As a technical expert and thought partner, work with advisory teams to advance a portfolio of work on senior political leader priorities in health reform
· Generate innovative solutions to client problems and frame them in a compelling way
· As needed, engage with senior client stakeholders, i.e. Heads of State, Ministers, and other senior stakeholders, to advance projects and solutions
· Support Advisory leadership to provide high quality advice. Ideate, troubleshoot to ensure we are bringing the best of TBI to our work
· Bring subject matter expertise to support recruitment of other health expertise across the organisation included in-country embedded advisors
· Provide leadership and, line management as applicable to advisors, associates and junior staff in the global client solutions team
· Shape and embody a positive culture that drives innovation and delivery
· Support wider Institute priorities and initiatives in the health space by feeding in practical recommendations and experience to our wider body of health work including the Global Health Security Consortium (GHSC), strategic partnership development, Future of Britain, and priority policy projects working collaboratively across the institute and other divisions
External engagement and partnerships
· Provide senior-level representation as a global subject matter expert, including presentations, for TBI at strategic, high-profile external fora and events
· Working with Partnerships & Initiatives team, develop and enhance our network and relationships with leading health innovators and partners in the Health space for better solutions relevant to political leaders
· Bring subject matter expertise to engagement with key donors, external stakeholders such as other not-for-profit organisations, media, suppliers and agencies as required to support TBI financial health
The postholder will be an experienced candidate:
- Deep practical experience in the health sector advising political leaders on complex challenges on public health and health innovation, or working in government, or other professional advisory firms
- Practical grasp of emerging innovations and cutting-edge technologies in the health space and supporting leaders to harness them at scale
- Who has a complete toolkit which enables you to identify creative solutions for complex challenges
- Who is a skilled written and verbal communicator and influencer
- With exceptional attention to detail for written deliverables and the proven ability to deliver quality written outputs under tight deadlines
- A thought leader able to represent the Institute on a global scale through publications and exclusive events
- Effective leader, not afraid to be hands-on and pull out all the stops to achieve exceptional results
- Who is a skilled communicator and influencer, from executive office level through to technical level, is adept at speaking to senior leadership at clients and internally
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to function and influence in a matrixed, team-oriented environment to support teams achieve impact at scale under pressure
- Who has a track record of cultivating and maintaining strategic alliances and partnerships across public, social, and private sector organisations and ability to convert conversations into action
- Experience working in multiple geographies across Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa and range of resource environments
- Fluency in English is required with proficiency in an additional language an advantage
- Willingness to travel internationally approximately 30%
The following is also desirable:
- Experience in the end-to-end delivery of digital/tech products or services within government or private sector