The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
TBI is looking for a Team Assistants to join our busy executive support function. You’ll report into one of our Executive Assistants, assisting them in supporting the executive directors. You’ll also provide general administrative support to the wider team. This would be a great opportunity for an existing administrator or PA to take the next step up in their career and gain valuable experience.
Please note, it is essential you have an existing right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
We encourage early application as we reserve the right, if required, to close this role ahead of the date advertised.
- Diary Management – co-ordinate internal and external appointments and book in conference/video calls across multiple time zones
- Meetings and Events – arrange internal and external meetings and events under direction, including scheduling, greeting guests, coordinating logistics, catering, preparing agendas, circulating papers, tracking action points and taking minutes
- Travel support – Assisting with organising visas, flights, trains, accommodation, transfers, currency, inoculations, scheduling meetings and preparing detailed itineraries and supporting briefing/materials
- Email management - monitoring mailboxes, drafting responses, highlighting urgent items for action, filing inbox
- Correspondence management- file and escalate incoming correspondence and prepare letters/emails
- Expense Management – Assist in completing monthly claims
- Filing - creating, maintaining and retrieving paper/electronic materials for review (for example - ahead of meetings or in support of projects)
- Maintaining contact database - scanning/typing business cards, filing cards and keeping contacts up to date
- Gifts and Entertainment - record gifts/entertainment received on the company register
- General admin support - assistance to the wider team as required, plus support to the Executive Assistants incl ad hoc tasks
The successful candidate for the role should be able to display the majority of the following:
- Previous PA or administrative experience
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- High levels of discretion, interpersonal skills, good judgement and tact
- An ability to operate in a fast moving and pressured environment
- Understanding and knowledge of current affairs and politics highly advantageous
- Proactive team player with positive attitude
- Support for the aims of the organisation
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and perform other duties as reasonably required to achieve the goals of your team and the Institute.