The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Abu Dhabi
Focus of the Role
A core element of our Advisory Practice is our long-standing work in the Middle East. The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is looking to hire an exceptional Director to lead regional engagements. Reporting to TBI’s Senior Directors, this Director will be responsible for leading client-facing engagements, both in-country and from our regional hub in the UAE. The Director will also support business development and develop the next generation of advisory leaders within TBI.
This is an exciting senior leadership opportunity requiring exceptional candidates with relevant experience and expertise.
Directors possess the following responsibilities:
- Establish effective and trusted client relationships
- Hold final accountability for the quality, timeliness and scope of client-facing deliverables
- Manage project and engagement teams to ensure the very best of delivery
- Build, lead and coach a high-performing team of professionals with diverse backgrounds and expertise
- Ensure deliverables bring the very best of TBI to clients through building strong, collaborative relationships across the Institute and harnessing the skills, knowledge and capacity of the various teams across TBI
- Contribute to the Institute’s growth through supporting business development and practice building activities
- Serve as a key member of the Region’s senior leadership team, reporting to a Senior Director (N-1 regionally)
The Director will be an experienced leader:
- With at least 12 years of professional experience working for governments, other international organizations, management consulting firms, political risk firms, international law firms or think tanks; MENA experience is a distinct advantage
- With a personal passion for politics and government, bringing demonstrable expertise in public policy or administration, economics, international relations, or another similar field
- With a track record of leading high-performing teams with a variety of skills, nationalities and cultural backgrounds with an ethos focused on team success and genuine motivation for colleagues’ performance, growth and well-being
- With a high level of comfort working in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple diverse workstreams
- With an undergraduate and graduate degrees from globally reputable institutions (MBA, MPA/MPP, JD, PhD is an advantage)
- Business fluency in English required. Additional language expertise, especially Arabic, is an advantage
- Comfort with extensive regional travel is a requirement
About The Institute
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.