The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Jakarta
Strategic Communications Manager
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
Please note, it is essential you have an existing right to work in Indonesia to apply for this role.
Are you excited by the prospect of providing strategic communications advisory to government ministries as part of a wider team focused on driving reforms in line with a transformational development agenda? Do you have experience working with senior political leadership to shape policy, to lead on developing communications strategies and to deliver impactful change?
Our main objective in this strategically important role is to deliver TBI’s strategic communications advisory work in Indonesia. This is a mid-to-senior management role requiring an exceptional candidate with relevant expertise, strategic patience, and a sharp approach to strategic communications advisory for political leadership.
- Provide advisory on political strategic communications to profile country strategic priorities domestically and internationally and to achieve key policy objectives domestically
- Set outcome-focused strategic communications objectives, and lead on designing results frameworks and monitoring and evaluation mechanisms to demonstrate impact
- Design and lead on audience insight research through appropriate methodologies (quantitative, qualitative, secondary research methods) to build an understanding of target audiences
- Manage the development of insight-driven and audience-led marketing and communications campaigns aimed at affecting change among target audiences
- Support government ministries establish best practices to deliver successful media relations, social media and stakeholder engagement. This will require providing primary support for media, stakeholder and influencer relations – identifying key media, map plan of engagement and support in cultivating relationships. With the ability to deliver sensitive briefings and manage interactions
- Regular delivery of direct strategic communications advice and support to senior leadership of the Ministry, using experience and understanding of local context and/or geopolitical landscape to inform content and advice
- Provide and deliver support of key messaging on strategic policies that are tailored to specific channel of communication and audiences.
- As needed, support government ministries plan and implement crisis communications through the identification and mitigation of risks, developing messaging and reactive lines to take, and running crisis simulations
- As needed, supporting with the design and delivery of communications capability build programmes, aimed at sustainably building up government communications capabilities
- Alignment with overall TBI global programme and collaboration with other project leaders and Country Director
- Broad and comprehensive experience in strategic communications, ideally with government or public sector experience or policy communication field.
- Good understanding of political dynamics and work of governments in Indonesia and the wider Southeast Asia region
- Knowledge of global current affairs and/or current debates about role of technology across government and public sector delivery
- Excellent writing, oral presentation and interpersonal skills
- Significant experience designing and delivering audience-led and insight driven communications and/or marketing campaigns with demonstrable impact
- Experience leading and directing the development and implementation of multi-channel communications strategies for promotion and/or managing crises
- Excellent IT skills, including Word, PPT and Excel. Strong ability to write presentations (using tools such as PowerPoint) to a high standard –including content and appropriate design
- Experience drafting communication policy products and support tools, e.g. speeches, talking points, Op-Eds, press releases, social media copy etc.
- Experience drafting story boards for infographic and or translating policy data into concise easy-to-understand narrative.
- Experience of managing senior government stakeholders required
- Experience of media training, capability building, conducting audience insight research highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree and/or graduate in communications, public policy, politics/international relations or relevant field preferred. A master's degree in any one those fields is desirable.
- Fluency in Bahasa and English are required