The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
In Sierra Leone, we work in the Office of the President, in the Directorate for Science, Technology and Innovation, in the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, in the Ministry of Energy and in the Freetown City Council. Our work is shaped by national priorities around education, agriculture, infrastructure and sanitation
We are looking for outstanding individuals with a proven track record of delivery, with strong analytical and communication skills, and with a clear will to keep learning. We seek to create local and international multi-disciplinary teams and are looking for individuals who are keen to develop their own skills and careers in a fast pace, motivating, multi-cultural environment.
Overall responsibilities of Analyst:
- Conducting research on selected topics as required by TBI’s Country Head, Advisors and Senior Government Counterparts;
- Undertaking projects/studies as required, including policy & regulatory analysis; sectoral & industry analysis;
- Supporting the TBI’s internal efforts in analytical capacity-building and managing various knowledge documents
Detailed essential duties:
- Support Advisors and Associates in the delivery of workstream objectives, as per assignment by the Country Head and needs from the Sierra Leone project
- Identify and structure problems, develop and apply appropriate analytical frameworks and approaches, and synthesize critical hypothesis;
- Identify and acquire relevant research and data, and perform quality control to ensure validity and accuracy of data;
- Proactively identify risks and issues affecting task or work stream delivery, and promptly communicate upward with solution options;
- Present ideas and respond to queries clearly and concisely in internal team meetings and with external stakeholders;
- Support completion of high-quality written documents and/or presentations;
- Articulate findings and presentations using various presentation tools, i.e., Power Point, Excel etc.
- Support TBI staff and government counterparts in mapping, engaging and managing key stakeholders, including foreign and domestic investors, development partners and various government institutions.
- Support the Country Head and other team members with fundraising, quarterly and annual reporting; strategic and management programmes.
- Plan, prioritize and manage your time and deliverables from start to finish, including timelines, content, and deliverables;
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Outstanding record of academic achievement;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with minimum GPA of 3.0 and above (preferred areas of study: Mathematics, Statistics, ICT, Business, Economics, Engineering, Marketing, Law, Communications);
- At least one year of work experience following undergraduate degree;
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and data gathering skills;
- Excellent writing, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision on multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels, with an emphasis on high- performance, results and accountability,
- Prior extracurricular activity is highly desired, i.e, Youth Association, Community Service etc.
- Proven willingness to learn, and ability to be a real team player.
- Fluency in English and Krio is required
Above all, we are looking for individuals with high levels of enthusiasm, resilience, a can-do attitude, resourcefulness; tenacity; independence; self-confident; integrity and ability to consistently achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Values we expect our analysts to share with us:
Who we are and what we stand for (our core beliefs):
- Open and Progressive
- Bold and Pragmatic
- Optimistic Changemakers
What we value to build the culture we want (our applied values):
- Integrity and authenticity
- Focused on results
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change aims to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies in an interconnected world. We do this through developing policy and advising governments.