Country Coordinator Egypt (Part time-Consultant position)
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
We are currently recruiting for an experienced part-time Consultant Coordinator to oversee delivery of Generation Global in Egypt. The role will report into the Project Manager, Middle East, with matrix management by the Head of Generation Global.
Generation Global has been working in the Middle East and North Africa region for ten years, with a specific focus on Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. As part of our MENA strategy for 2019 – 2021, we are looking to expand our reach, with a particular focus on countries such as Egypt, where we have the greatest demand for our work and the opportunity of impact. Generation Global has been active in Egypt since 2010 and has been working in collaboration with the Ministry of Education since 2017. To date we have supported over 6000 students in global citizenship education, working with 40 schools (32 of which are government schools) and training over 270 teachers in the last five years. In the next three years, we aim to develop and embed global citizen education through dialogue approaches within the curriculum and practice of schools across Egypt.
Please Note - Cover letter and CV is required for this position (applications without a covering letter will not be accepted)
This role coordinates the in-country day-to-day operations of Generation Global in Egypt to lead the programme’s engagement with national and local government, drive efficiency in programme delivery and ensure it has the maximum intended impact on its beneficiaries. The role is expected to contribute towards quality delivery of Generation Global’s in-country strategy and for the stewardship of key programme stakeholders and partners.
The duties of this post-holder are to:
- Provide technical advice to the Generation Global Government Engagement Advisor on government relations and partnership in Egypt to scale and implement the programme.
- Provide technical advice to the education team on working with governmental structures and policymakers to implement global citizenship and global competency education programming, in line with international best practice and reform agendas.
- As a skilled coordinator, the ability to multitask and deliver partnership activities to a high standard, according to business plan, timelines and budget.
- Represent the programme and the Institute effectively at working levels at external events and meetings.
- Drive the programme’s engagement with governments to support the implementation of Generation Global’s policy objectives to promote quality education through global citizenship skills to prevent violent extremism.
- Lead the programme’s engagement with national, and local government, working closely with the Generation Global team and External Relations team to foster new partnerships whilst ensuring proactive and sustainable engagement with existing governments.
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager, ensure effective delivery of project activities in accordance with the business plan, workplan, timelines and budget.
- Work with technical teams and facilitators, when needed, in the delivery of annual programme plans and training targets.
- Work closely with the Education and Training Unit to provide support in the scheduling and quality delivery of trainings, videoconferences, digital dialogue, by colleagues, teachers and external facilitators.
- Ensure financial systems and processes are adhered to and regularly monitor project expenditure against budget to mitigate underspends/ overspends and to ensure Value for Money.
- Support the Project Manager in the design, identification and development of new partnership and funding opportunities.
- Support the Project Manager in the implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities, including data collection and analysis to provide quality and timely reporting to donors.
- Be responsible for facilitating at least one videoconference a month, as well as be available for facilitation training and quality assurance.
- Carry out other duties as may be required.
- Provide advice to the Head of Generation Global, the Government Engagement Advisor and Project Manager on the external context that may affect the implementation of the government partnerships and the strategy, based on on-the-ground insight and experience.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant corporate policies, project systems and processes, including those related to safeguarding, security and legal matters.
- Contribute to the production of the programme’s risk matrix and its regular review. Support the Project Manager to work with colleagues across the institute and externally, where applicable, to mitigate these risks.
- Identify and manage external relationships and partnerships that advance the Institute’s work.
- Working with the Government Engagement Advisor, develop and build external relationships and partnerships that advance the programme’s work in Egypt and the Middle East region.
- Support the Project Manager in the project cycle management and implementation and regular review of the programme’s business plan.
- Contribute to Generation Global’s communications plan and provide support in-country/ regional advocacy and fundraising for the project.
- Support the Project Manager to adhere to action research principles, ensuring project design is informed by research, that evaluation informs research, and that lessons are shared to influence policy and programming based on evidence.
- Keep abreast of changes in the sector to ensure the ongoing relevance of our work and to explore potential new projects, innovations and partnerships.
This role should demonstrate the following core skills:
- Proven experience of successfully engaging with national and local government to deliver education outcomes that meet the needs of government, and are aligned to the Institute, in Egypt.
- In depth understanding of the local context and a positive track record of working with education stakeholders e.g. government bodies, educators, not for profit and private sector organisations.
- Awareness of relevant education policy contexts and the need to influence policy with evidence of effective programming and practical solutions.
- Experience of coordinating and implementing multiple and varied tasks according to plan and budget.
- Understanding and experience of undertaking budgeting, monitoring and reporting, and ensuring compliance with the Institute’s finance policies on procurement and Value for Money.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning systems and processes, including sharing lessons and best practice.
- Ability to communicate in English and Arabic, both verbally and in writing, to a high standard.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage own workload and flexibility to be able to respond, on occasion, to requests at short notice.
- Awareness of diverse funding sources, and experience of contributing to successful project development and proposal/bid-writing for a range of donors (philanthropic and institutional).
- Ability to be take initiative and contribute towards creative problem solving.
- Ability to drive continual improvements to systems and ways of working.
- Passion for tackling complex social challenges, and dedication to effecting meaningful change.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) aims to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies in an interconnected world. We do this through our Policy Futures ideas and our Government Advisory Practice. What we believe in as an organisation:
- Open and Progressive – you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic – you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemakers – you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.We’ll only ever asses you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you're successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.