This job has been closed.
Focus of the Role
Côte d’Ivoire is one of the largest economies of West Africa and a top global exporter of cocoa, cashew nuts, kola and cotton. The country is projected to keep growing at around 7 percent over the next several years, but unemployment is high, and Côte d’Ivoire remains vulnerable to external shocks due to its reliance on commodity exports. As a result, President Ouattara’s government is placing a special emphasis on value addition and accelerating the development of the country’s manufacturing sector.
Please Note : You will be required to provide a CV (maximum 2 pages) and a short personal statement (maximum 1 page), once you have created your profile. Your covering letter will explain why you want to work at the Institute and your suitability to the role.
TBI’s work in Côte d’Ivoire started in January 2019. Under the leadership of His Excellency the Prime Minister, our focus is to support Côte d’Ivoire become a leading global exporter of processed cashew nuts and develop its cotton, textile and garment manufacturing potential. It is expected that this industrialization push will result in creating jobs and sustainable livelihoods, support structural transformation and ensure inclusive growth. To achieve those goals, our team works collaboratively with relevant Government Ministries, Agencies and Commissions as well as private sector entities and other critical stakeholders.
We are looking for outstanding individuals to join us. Our team values diversity as well as independent and innovative thinking. We are looking for ambitious individuals who are keen to develop their own skills and careers within a cross functional high performing team, in a fast pace, multi-cultural environment.
- Conducting research on selected topics as required by TBI’s Country Head, Advisors and Senior Government Counterparts;
- Undertaking studies and reports as required, including policy & regulatory analysis, sectoral & industry analysis, strategic planning activities;
- Supporting the TBI’s internal efforts in analytical capacity-building and managing various knowledge documents in view of delivering on project objectives.
Detailed essential duties
- Identify and structure problems, develop and apply appropriate analytical frameworks and approaches, and synthesize critical hypothesis;
- Identify and acquire relevant research and data, and perform quality control to ensure validity and accuracy of data;
- Proactively identify risks and issues affecting task or work stream delivery, and promptly communicate upward with solution options;
- Present ideas and respond to queries clearly and concisely in internal team meetings and with external stakeholders;
- Support completion of high-quality written documents and/or presentations;
- Articulate findings and presentations using various presentation tools, i.e., power point, excel etc;
- Support TBI team and government counterparts in mapping, engaging and managing key stakeholders, including foreign and domestic investors, development partners and various government institutions;
- Plan, prioritize and manage your time and deliverables from start to finish, including timelines, content, and deliverables;
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Outstanding record of academic achievement;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the following preferred areas of study: Mathematics, Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering, Marketing, Law, Communications;
- Between 2-5 years of experience;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and data gathering skills;
- Fluency in French and English required with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong willingness to learn, and ability to be a real team player;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment, with an emphasis on high- performance, results and accountability;
- Ability to work with limited supervision on multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels, with willingness to learn and evolve as a strong team player.
We place high value on relevant personal qualities such as resourcefulness; tenacity; independence; self-confident; and integrity. Above all, we are looking for individuals with high levels of enthusiasm, resilience, and a can-do attitude.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) aims to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies in an interconnected world. We do this through our Policy Futures ideas and our Government Advisory Practice. What we believe in as an organisation:
- Open and Progressive – you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic – you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemakers – you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.We’ll only ever asses you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you're successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.