Strategic Advisor â Financial Sector Development
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
The Tony Blair Institute in collaboration with the Rwanda Development Board (RDB), Rwanda Finance Ltd, and the Kigali City Council is recruiting a Strategic Advisor to support these flagship initiatives. The advisor shall support GoR in improving Rwanda’s financial competiveness and attracting investment.
- Play a strategic role in promoting and positioning Rwanda as an attractive financial center and investement hub
- Working alongside Rwand Finance Ltd, develop a roadmap and investor relations strategy to enhance the standing of the Kigali International Financial Center
- Evaluate the Global Financial Centres Index (GFCI) and develop strategies for Rwanda to be included in and improve its ranking
- Engage with financial professionals in Rwanda and internationally to share learnings and enhance Rwanda’s competitiveness
- Conduct economic and financial analysis of key performance indicators
- Engage investors and partners on behalf of Rwanda’s agenda
- Working alongside the City of Kigali (CoK), develop a roadmap and provide strategic advice to drive the issuance of a municipal bond
- Work closely with the transaction advisor and Rwanda Capital Market Authority to provide concrete and practical guidelines for capital market, structure, legal framework, management and instruments for issuance of a municipal bond, drawing on international experience
- Develop a roadmap and support the implementation of audit recommendations
- Evaluate the readiness of CoK in the process of issuing the bond
- Work closely with the licensed transaction advisor and source additional technical assistance as needed
- Coordinate across the multiple agencies and entities of the Rwandan Government to deepen the overall financial sector ecosystem
- Provide technical support in the identification and development of strategic projects and support government’s resource mobilization efforts
We are searching for an experienced Strategic Advisor to work closely with Rwanda Finance Ltd and the City of Kigali. The Advisor will benefit from being part of the TBI Rwanda team, a network of experienced advisors based at the centre of government and in key ministries and institutions supporting the government’s agenda for economic transformation.
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change aims to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies in an interconnected world. We do this through developing policy and advising governments.
This is a role in a fast-paced government, working within complex policy areas that are highly scrutinised. Therefore the successful candidate for the role should be able to display the majority of the following:
- A Master’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Business, or a closely related field
- At least 7-8 years of progressive and demonstrable experience in financial markets and financial management; experience working in the private sector, ideally in combination with advising the public sector on investment facilitation
- Demonstrable experience in financial sector development in particular financial market reforms; exposure to GFCI assessment and ranking is strongly preferred
- Consulting experience in financial performance reviews and project finance
- Strong analytical and research skills. Excellent marketing, business writing, presentation skills, negotiation and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and a can-do attitude
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and perform other duties as reasonably required to achieve the goals of your team and the Institute
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) aims to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies in an interconnected world. We do this through our Policy Futures ideas and our Government Advisory Practice. What we believe in as an organisation:
- Open and Progressive – you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic – you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemakers – you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you're successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.