Technology Deployment Advisor, Sierra Leone (Consultancy)
Focus of the Role
TBI is looking to engage a Deployment Advisor to start immediately and on an initial 3-month basis, based in Freetown.
You should have experience and expertise across technology and government advisory, having previously delivered a technology rollout effectively for government systems.
You will work with the Government’s established technical committee and the wider TBI team to implement a health management product, advising and supporting its application in Sierra Leone.
TBI’s embedded Government Advisory team in Sierra Leone is working with the central decision-making structures to support the country’s COVID-19 response. An exciting opportunity exists to work with the Ministry of Health and Sanitation, the Directorate of Science, Technology and Innovation and the National COVID Emergency Response Centre to implement a suite of technology products to support the health response.
- Support a diverse set of stakeholders from TBI, Government and the technology industry
- Work closely with an engineering team to ensure the required health management technology meets the needs of the Government and its end users
- Work closely with Country Head, Sierra Leone to ensure TBI meets the needs of its stakeholders
- Define and report success metrics to help evaluate the efficiency of implemented solutions
- Support scoping of potential adjacent technology applications to support Government’s priorities and wider digital services.
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate the following essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience;
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in management consulting or government advisory;
- Experience in the end-to-end delivery of digital products or services within government or private sector;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Ability to work flexibly and be adaptable, open to changing approaches in response to changing situations on the ground;
- Proven understanding of relevant policy contexts and how to influence policy and communicate with Government.
The following is also desirable:
- Experience in health management information systems; and/or
- Experience in government, and/or delivery of technology-enabled projects in country contexts similar to Sierra Leone.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. It exists to equip political leaders and governments with the tools to create open, inclusive and prosperous societies in a globalised world.
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
What we believe in as an organisation:
- Open and Progressive – you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic – you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemakers – you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you're successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.