Service Desk Analyst
Institute Resources supports and help pave the way for the Institute to deliver its mission. We are comprised of Legal & Risk, Finance, IT, Ops & Security and the People Team.
We are looking for a Service Desk Analyst to work within our small but busy IT team supporting 300+ employees world-wide with their IT requirements from our offices in central London and remotely.
- Provide responsive 1st and 2nd level technical support to the organisation’s end users and enable users to undertake their roles and responsibilities in a secure and professional environment
- Knowledge & experience of working with the following preferable:
- Window 10
- Mac OS
- Microsoft 365
- Azure cloud
- Intune or other MDM and mobile devices
- Active Directory
- File Servers
- Security tools
- Ticket management
- Ensure end users have the technology to enable them to undertake their roles and responsibilities
- Providing excellent customer service experience to the Institute
- Ensure the provision of a high-quality service support function during core operating hours, and tha all service standards are met
- Ensure all end user IT assets are captured at source and maintained
- Configuration and maintenance of end user equipment including laptops and mobile devices
- Assist in maintaining the end user asset management (laptops, mobile devices etc.) across the organisation
- Ensures technical incidents, faults and requests are monitored and managed through the IT service desk
- Provides resource for Technology projects
- Technical Support for end user infrastructure across the organisation
- Undertakes end user support across the organisation both 1st line and 2nd line
- Accountability for contributing to the maintenance of the end user asset base to ensure assets are not lost or compromised and therefore at risk of data leakage
- Assiting in maintenance of security compliance across the end user environment (laptop, mobile devices) including multi factor authentication, access to data, anti-virus protection, threat detection and loss of service
- Desire to increase the IT service level of the department and support the creation of a unified and efficient IT service support process, providing insight into the type of support required, incident management and training requirements of end users
- Creation of efficient processes and procedures to manage our technology assets, leavers and the onboarding of new staff
- Focus activity on end-users, that reduces reactivity and fosters a culture of technological proactivity across the Institute
This is a role in a fast paced team, working within complex policy and advisory teams that are highly scrutinised. Therefore the successful candidate for the role should be able to display the majority of the following:
- Possess the relevant technology knowledge and experience (breadth and depth) across the end user technical environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise against tight deadlines
- An effective communicator who shares knowledge and experience
- Proactive management of tasks and works under own initiative
- Stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and perform other duties as reasonably required to achieve the goals of your team and the Institute.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.