The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
The Tony Blair Institute supports leaders to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies in a globalised world. Our growing Technology and Public Policy programme develops policy proposals and convenes a global dialogue on the challenges and opportunities of the tech revolution.
We are looking for a self-starting and tech-savvy candidate to join our strategy and operations team. You will play a key role in helping to scale the programme, applying both analytical rigour and creative problem solving to maximise our impact.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has completed a graduate scheme or similar in consulting, finance, strategy / planning or business operations to apply their skills in a mission-driven, global organisation.
You can find out more about the programme and our team culture at https://tpp.one
- Establishing a comprehensive, data-driven view of our activities and impact
- Identifying and implementing new tools and processes to raise our productivity
- Providing business insights to senior stakeholders across the Institute
- Reporting on the programme’s performance to external supporters
- Financial planning, monitoring and forecasting
The post holder will report to the Strategy and Operations Manager, Technology and Public Policy.
- 2:1 degree or higher
- 2+ years’ experience in a relevant field, e.g. you have worked in consulting, finance, in-house strategy / planning, business operations or at a tech company or startup
- Experience compiling, organising and analysing disparate sources of data to drive business insights and decisions
- Experience building complex spreadsheet models and dashboards (e.g. Airtable, Google Sheets, Excel, Power BI)
- Excellent communication skills, able to produce clear and concise analysis in both written and deck formats
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to work effectively with a wide range of people and biased toward action
- Proven ability to take the initiative and stay organised while working at pace
- A willingness to learn and apply new skills as business needs evolve
The following are also desirable:
- Experience of working in an agile environment (e.g. Kanban)
- Experience building with SaaS tools and automation (e.g. Trello, Zapier, Salesforce, Eventbrite, Google Analytics)
- Familiarity with financial and budgeting concepts
- A keen interest in developments in technology policy and the tech industry
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. It exists to equip political leaders and governments with the tools to create open, inclusive and prosperous societies in a globalised world.
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
What we believe in as an organisation:
- Open and Progressive – you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic – you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemakers – you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you're successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.