The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we believe that politics done well has the power to transform lives, and strong, impactful writing is key to delivering our mission. We are seeking an individual with exceptional editing and writing skills to join our busy communications team. The Content Editor will work closely with the Managing Editor to deliver the Institute’s ambitious pipeline of publications and to ensure the editorial quality of all written output.
- Copy editing and proofreading all publications and written content to highest level of editorial quality and in accordance with the Institute Style Guide
- Liaising with content creators and authors across the Institute to deliver written work that is clear, impactful and engaging
- Assisting the Managing Editor in maintaining efficient editorial processes, including updating the publications pipeline, tracking and chasing copy, and enforcing deadlines
- Drafting written communications, including media materials
- Working with brand and design teams to ensure final publications are also impactful visually, including assisting with image selection/research and conceptualisation of graphics and interactive storytelling components
- Supporting the wider communications and external relations team to deliver exceptional written output
- Building strong working relationships across TBI
- Due to the nature of the role, some additional hours outside of core business hours could be required
- Extensive copy editing, proofreading and subediting experience
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and persuasively to both internal and external audiences
- Ability to project manage publications, ensuring all the components are in place, with a focus on delivering outstanding final products
- Fluency with content management systems and digital publishing
- Exceptional organisational skills and a proactive, can-do attitude
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload under deadline pressure
- Proven ability to collaborate and work diplomatically, with the versatility and confidence to work across multiple teams in the business
- Be keenly interested in the work of TBI and share our mission and values
- Strong understanding of other media disciplines, such as social media
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. It exists to equip political leaders and governments with the tools to create open, inclusive and prosperous societies in a globalised world.
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
What we believe in as an organisation:
- Open and Progressive – you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic – you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemakers – you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you're successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.