Project Manager, Studios
Focus of the Role
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a purpose-driven, not-for-profit organisation, with a mission to equip leaders to build open, prosperous and inclusive societies. We believe that politics done well has the power to transform lives. When governments work well, they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We are optimists, and we work relentlessly to support leaders and governments with the challenges they face: giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people.
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
· Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
· Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
· Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
· Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
· Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
· Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
We’re looking for a talented Project Manager to oversee day-to-day TBI work including management of the internal team, resourcing and financial reporting. This Project Manager role will hold the unique autonomy to be strategic and drive decision making. Ultimately, project management is the hub that’s holding everything together. You make sure work is delivered on time, on brief and managed efficiently.
If you genuinely love what you do, are driven and passionate, then we want to hear from you.
- Accountable for Project estimation and planning.
- Maintain detailed project plans; manage resource allocations; report on project status, burn rates, and budgets.
- Ensures quality delivery of work
- Responsible for end to end delivery of work that is on time, on budget and on brief.
- Executing plans and processes that drive projects forward and ensure successful delivery.
- Ability to manager conflicting workstream priorities
- Proactively manages day to day risks for standards and organistational reputation
- Motivate, direct, and challenge teams to produce great work.
- Strive to establish and manage project communications and processes.
- Utilise and promotte appropriate structure and tools to ensure successful collaboration and engagement across TBI.
- Process-oriented with a strong point of view and distinct voice. Ability and appetite to bring people together to create and inspire solutions.
- Sharp attention to detail
- Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- Experience equivalent to aproximately 5-7 years in advertising, marketing communications, editorial environment ideally at a digital agency.
- Some experience driving creative solutions and digital/social content creation.
- Technology experience is a plus. Or if no tech experience, a proven curiosity and willingness to dive deep into complex categories.
- Familiar with agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of social and mobile content creation and requirements for different channels.
- Some exposure to large-scale projects with multiple workstreams and diverse teams across remote offices a plus.
- Experience of managing teams advantageous
About The Institute
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you're successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.