Junior Data & Power BI Analyst
This job has been closed.
Focus of the Role
Generation Global is the Institute’s global citizenship education programme. It enables young people to embrace the future, equipped with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to become active, global and open-minded citizens. Generation Global was established in 2009 and has worked in over 30 countries in Asia, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Europe and the Americas, teaching dialogue skills to teachers and students, and facilitating meaningful global encounters between young people aged 13 to 17.
The programme has trained over 14,000 teachers and worked with over 550,000 students globally, through its online community and the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure (UDA). It has enabled over 3,800 classroom VCs and over 400 online encounters between students internationally. Our resources are recognised as good practice by organisations including UNESCO, the Brookings Institution and Club De Madrid, and have been used in the programme’s partnership with governments across the world, including Italy, Jordan, Australia’s Northern Territory and several states in India.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time junior data analyst to support the Generation Global team to process, visualise and analyse the great amount of data generated by the programme’s digital platform, in accordance with a predetermined data analysis plan. Data analysis and visualisation will include carrying out statistical tests on a large data set on PowerBi.
The role also entails collecting and presenting data for internal and external use, as well as contributing to developing, designing, and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning tools that capture the impact of the work carried out by the programme.
- Contribute substantively to the development of complex dashboards/reports in Power BI
- Design and implement monitoring, evaluation and learning tools and provide support with other analytical tasks
- Regularly collect and structure programme data for internal and external use, combining information from different sources
- Provide support to ensure all internal and external reporting requirements are met with timely, relevant, triangulated and well analysed data
- Support the regular review of programme’s results against targets, automating data collection/visualisation where possible
- Conduct data quality audits to ensure that the data collected is accurate
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and perform other monitoring and evaluation tasks as needed.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, project systems and processes, including those related to safeguarding, security and legal matters
- Undertake any other responsibilities that further contribute to the Generation Global’s business plans, as required
- Experience building complex PowerBi dashboards/reports
- Proficient in DAX
- Proficient in R
- Working knowledge and understanding of statistics
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong quantitative skills, including an ability to use various statistical programs to organise and analyse large amounts of data.
- Ability to use data analysis and visualisations to identify and communicate insights.
- Ability to collaborate within teams and contribute to creative problem solving
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to a high standard
- Passion for tackling complex challenges, and dedication to affecting meaningful change
The following is also desirable:
- Knowledge of Python
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.