Marketing and Communications Associate - Consultancy Contract
Focus of the Role
Generation Global is the Institute’s global citizenship education programme. It enables young people to embrace the future, equipped with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to become active, global, and open-minded citizens. Generation Global was established in 2009 and has worked in over 30 countries in Asia, the Middle East, and North Africa (MENA), Europe and the Americas, teaching dialogue skills to teachers and students, and facilitating meaningful global encounters between young people aged 13 to 17.
The programme has trained over 14,000 teachers and worked with over 550,000 students globally, through its online community and the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure (UDA). It has enabled over 3,800 classroom VCs and over 400 online encounters between students internationally. Our resources are recognised as good practice by organisations including UNESCO, the Brookings Institution and Club De Madrid, and have been used in the programme’s partnership with governments across the world, including Italy, Jordan, Australia’s Northern Territory, and several states in India.
TBI is scoping for a Marketing and Communications Associate who will work closely with the Partnerships, Marketing and Communications Lead, and play a pivotal role in executing the programme’s marketing and communications business plans, to achieve the visibility, scale and impact set out in our business plans.
This role requires someone with proven success in marketing and communication and able to work with passion and an entrepreneurial drive to achieve Generation Global’s goals.
You’ll provide the following services, which may include, but won’t be limited to:
- Manage day-to-day marketing and communication operations, including digital marketing tools and Generation Global social media platforms - @Gen_Global_
- Create, edit, publish, and share content, which is original and engaging such as text, images, infographics, video, others
- Analyse social media KPIs/ metrics/ other data to track performance and effectiveness of social media campaigns and to tweak marketing strategies based on findings
- Conduct competitor analysis including audit of their social media presence and monitor competitor activities
- Communicate with followers, respond to comments and posts on a daily basis
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar for all social media channels
- Create monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on social media performance
- Schedule posts using online applications such as Hootsuite and TweetDeck
- Ensure a consistently high quality of marketing and communications content (internal and external), that is relevant to our audiences and delivered in a timely manner including but not limited to emails to teachers and students, newsletters, social media posts, blogs, website content, brochures, flyers, videos, FAQs, among others
- Conduct research on global citizenship, 21st century skills, dialogue skills, intercultural learning, and other topics related to the programme to suggest new content for blogs and other social media activities
- Provide writing, editing and proof-reading support to team members for blogs and other externally published content
- Update and revise website content.
- Event marketing: curate and execute outreach activities and events to enhance Generation Global’s visibility, stakeholder engagement, and generate leads e.g. webinars, conferences, networking/ learning opportunities for teachers and schools, annual school/ teacher awards, promotional events/ referral programmes
- Social media: Design and implement new social media campaigns, calls to action, and strategies to drive traffic on the site/ generate leads, enhance brand visibility, and highlight programme impact
- Keep track of key conferences and events in the ed-tech space to identify opportunities for Generation Global team members to participate/ speak at
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO best practices to increase traffic to the Generation Global website
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, project systems and processes, including those related to safeguarding, security and legal matters
- Undertake any other responsibilities that further contribute to Generation Global’s business plans, as required
Skills & Know How:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or relevant field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years in digital marketing/ social media marketing; education sector experience preferable.
- Prior experience and knowledge of social media analytics tools, google analytics, SEO, and keyword search
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels, especially Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
- Knowledge of video and picture editing software such as Canva, email marketing tools such as Mail Chimp
- Evidence of producing impactful and compelling marketing and communication material to a range of external audiences e.g. brochures, social media content, text, blogs, etc.
- Ability to work independently, think strategically, with attention to detail, analysis and according to targets and timeframes
- A proactive, self-motivated individual with a passion for achieving social impact
- Fluency in English is essential and another language, is desirable
- Experience working with remote teams appreciated.
- Good research, writing, and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to collaborate within teams and contribute to creative problem solving
- Passion for tackling complex challenges, and dedication to affecting meaningful change
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.