The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
The Investment Advisor will be embedded in the Ministry of Investment, working closely with the Minister and his teams, including the newly established National Investment Agency. He or She will be responsible to provide high-quality implementable advice to relevant counterparts and support coordination with other government agencies and/or department responsible for the implementation of priority investment projects.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Support relevant counterparts in their work with key stakeholders, identifying and facilitating strategic investment opportunities in priority sectors;
- Support the Ministry of Investment for the effective set-up of the new national Investment Agency;
- Help in sourcing, evaluating and developing bankable investment projects, including sector analysis, financial structuring, investor targeting, and resource mobilisation strategies;
- Develop and maintain trust-based relationships with government and private sector actors as well as development partners, including targeted communication activities;
- Ensure effective management processes and systems are in place, including data collection, analysis and reporting in order to deliver projects timely and accurately;
- Serve as a thought partner and expert on matters of investment for senior officials and TBI.
- Assist the Minister in its interactions with international organizations ;
- Support the TBI Country Head and other team members on various strategic initiatives, including contributing to skills development of local analysts and capacity-building programs
We are looking for outstanding individuals with a proven track record of delivery in the public or private sectors. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where the importance of personal initiative coupled with teamwork is critical. Above all s/he will build effective relationships, win trust, and help shape and influence change in government.
With a good knowledge of investment promotion and facilitation, s/he will have a grounding in strategy consulting, project finance and public policy. Desired qualifications and competencies include:
- 7-10 years of work experience in the public, private or non-governmental sectors, including investment, finance, commercial law, business management, and consulting;
- Extensive conceptual and methodological skills and in applying qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- Experience in the development and implementation of project management and/or matrix frameworks;
- Experience in institutional development and organisational change management, including process and system design;
Competencies and skills
- Excellent in building and managing effective relationships, including the ability to navigate a complex political environment. Experience working in Africa is desirable;
- Ability in influencing, coaching and delivering change through others;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, strategic planning and decision-making capabilities;
- A creative and entrepreneurial approach to overcoming barriers and making change happen, and the ability to cope in an emotionally demanding environment;
- Strong team player with outstanding team management skills;
- Self-starter, motivated and proactive with solutions;
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice;
- Fluency in French and English is required.
Above all, we are looking for individuals with high levels of enthusiasm, resilience, and a can-do attitude. Experience of living and working in developing countries is desirable but not essential.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.