The job has expired.
TBI is looking for two Team Assistants to join our busy executive support function. You’ll report into one of our Executive Assistants, assisting them in supporting the executive directors. You’ll also provide general administrative support to the wider team. This would be a great opportunity for an existing administrator or PA to take the next step up in their career and gain valuable experience.
- Diary Management – co-ordinate internal and external appointments and book in conference/video calls across multiple time zones
- Meetings and Events – arrange internal and external meetings and events under direction, including scheduling, greeting guests, coordinating logistics, catering, preparing agendas, circulating papers, tracking action points and taking minutes
- Travel support – Assisting with organising visas, flights, trains, accommodation, transfers, currency, inoculations, scheduling meetings and preparing detailed itineraries and supporting briefing/materials
- Email management - monitoring mailboxes, drafting responses, highlighting urgent items for action, filing inbox
- Correspondence management- file and escalate incoming correspondence and prepare letters/emails
- Expense Management – Assist in completing monthly claims
- Filing - creating, maintaining and retrieving paper/electronic materials for review (for example - ahead of meetings or in support of projects)
- Maintaining contact database - scanning/typing business cards, filing cards and keeping contacts up to date
- Gifts and Entertainment - record gifts/entertainment received on the company register
- General admin support - assistance to the wider team as required, plus support to the Executive Assistants incl ad hoc tasks
The successful candidate for the role should be able to display the majority of the following:
- Previous PA or administrative experience
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- High levels of discretion, interpersonal skills, good judgement and tact
- An ability to operate in a fast moving and pressured environment
- Understanding and knowledge of current affairs and politics highly advantageous
- Proactive team player with positive attitude
- Support for the aims of the organisation
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and perform other duties as reasonably required to achieve the goals of your team and the Institute.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.