Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
The External Relations team is an integral part of the Institute, encompassing Fundraising, Partnership & Events, Comms, Media & Publishing, and our Creative Studio Hub which incorporates Design, Web and Social Teams.
We’re looking for a talented midweight graphic designer to join our global design function on a one-year fixed term contract covering maternity.
If you genuinely love what you do, are driven and passionate, then we want to hear from you.
You’ll produce high-quality and timely creative content for the Institute’s stakeholders including:
- Social content
- Reports & Papers
- Event assets
- Internal communications
You’ll be able to demonstrate:
- An impressive portfolio of work behind you, preferably including some examples of design for reports and social media content
- Advanced knowledge of Creative Suite CC preferable
- A digital thinker and doer (XD, Sketch, Flourish, Highcharts)
- Designing, developing and executing both large and small creative briefs to a high standard
- Creating artwork of online digital assets for use on our website (graphs)
- Project managing briefs and deputising for the delivery of creative output for senior team members from time to time
- Maintain the high visual standards, respect our brand guidelines and use the appropriate templates
- Manage projects from beginning to end in a timely and efficient fashion
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build great relationships with everyone you work with
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and perform other duties as reasonably required to achieve the goals of your team and the Institute
- Formulating original, creative ideas and taking them from initial concept to delivery
- Driving innovation within the creative team to better represent the Institute
You’ll likely have 3+ years design experience (or equivalent) and bags of creativity. You’ll be able to show a sound understanding of the institute brand and culture. You'll be used to taking on projects from scratch and have the ability to juggle a large workload and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.