The External Relations team is an integral part of the Institute encompassing Fundraising, Partnership & Events, Comms, Media & Publishing, and our Creative Studio Hub which incorporates Design, Web and Social Teams.
We’re looking for a Creative Producer with an excellent eye for detail to help develop and produce video content. You’ll be planning, helping to capture, editing and delivering professional content that shows people what we do, how we have impact, and encourages engagement with our work
You’ll work closely with TBI Studio colleagues in the Social, Design, and Website teams, and cover fascinating work across our Policy Futures and Government Advisory divisions.
- Social media: Using a thorough knowledge of current best-practice you’ll be required to conceive and produce video content that’s optimsied for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- Video editing: Utilising Adobe Creative Cloud you’ll be expected to take raw video footage from a variety of sources and edit it into professional packages, optimised for our online platforms, events, and third party stakeholders
- Assisting with shoots: Although experience filming is not a prerequisite, you will be required to assist with studio and location shoots that will involve operating, transporting and helping to store professional video and audio equipment
- Evaluate the success and impact of content, and recommend innovative approaches to target the right audiences
- Planned, execute and deliver content to deadline and to a high standard
- Extensive experience creating and optimising video content for use on different social media platforms
- A thorough knowledge of video editing using Adobe Creative Cloud, in particular Premiere Pro and After Effects
- A knowledge of animation ranging from video annotations to entirely animated videos
- Experience delivering professional live streaming and Zoom events
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Superb organisational and prioritisation skills with the ability to work reactively.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proactive and resourceful with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required, and to travel both within the UK and overseas
- Proven high standard of written, verbal and visual communication
- Strong understanding of other communications and engagement disciplines such as print, broadcast and social media
- Experience of working in a high profile digital or communications department, either at an agency or in-house, and/or in a fast-paced campaigning or news environment
- Discretion, and consciousness of sensitivities in the execution and delivery of all projects
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.