The job has expired.
We are looking for a Legal Coordinator to support the Institute’s Legal and Risk team and conduct due diligence and assist in the processing of contracts with counterparties. You'll undertake work to ensure continued compliance with laws, regulations, and best practices.
Institute Resources supports and help pave the way for the Institute to deliver its mission. We are comprised of Legal & Risk, Finance, IT, Ops & Security and the People Team.
We develop policies and processes that drive our working practices, mirror our values, and that are aligned with our strategic objectives. We ensure that our organisational capabilities equip us to meet current and future challenges.
- Provide timely, responsive and risk-based approach to the delivery of legal support
- Exhibit and maintain awareness of data protection and data privacy laws, regulations, and policies
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of Legal and Risk team records
- Demonstrate discretion when handling confidential information
- Follow legal and governance standards and adhere to guidelines
- Conduct due diligence assessments on counterparties and escalate any concerns discovered, liaising with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Review/draft non-disclosure agreements and contracts
- Build good internal and external relationships to support effective delivery
- Maintain the Institute’s supplier database/associated records and support the refinement of supplier onboarding and management
- Assist the Legal and Risk team with ad hoc tasks and projects that may be required from time-to-time
- Monitor internal compliance with Institute policies, particularly those related to legal and regulatory risk
- Identify areas of cross department/project collaboration as well as areas of process and/or policy improvement
- Have a desire to further a career in the legal field
- Use knowledge and initiative to find solutions to challenges
- Work with the Institute Resources function as a stakeholder in the delivery of excellent business support services to the organisation
- Qualifying law degree or equivalent and a desire to progress within the legal field
- Ability to recognise legal and regulatory risks and implement risk management strategies
- Understanding of current legislation, regulations, and legal frameworks
- Ability to work with legal templates and documentation
- Capability to understand and apply internal policies/procedures
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.