Focus of the Role
In Sierra Leone, we work in the Office of the President, in the Directorate for Science, Technology and Innovation, in the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, National Covid 19 Emergency Response Centre and in the Freetown City Council. Our work is shaped by national priorities around Human Capital Development.
We are seeking to hire an Analyst for our team in Sierra Leone, who will be responsible for:
· Conducting research on selected topics as required by TBI’s Country Head, Advisors and Senior Government counterparts
· Undertaking projects/studies as required, including policy & regulatory analysis; sectoral & industry analysis
· Supporting the TBI’s internal efforts in analytical capacity-building and managing various knowledge documents space
· Support Advisors and Associates in the delivery of workstream objectives, as per assignment by the Country Head and needs from the Sierra Leone project
· Identify and structure problems, develop and apply appropriate analytical frameworks and approaches, and synthesize critical hypothesis
· Identify and acquire relevant research and data, and perform quality control to ensure validity and accuracy of data
· Proactively identify risks and issues affecting task or work stream delivery, and promptly communicate upward with solution options
· Present ideas and respond to queries clearly and concisely in internal team meetings and with external stakeholders
· Support completion of high-quality written documents and/or presentations
· Articulate findings and presentations using various presentation tools, i.e., Power Point, Excel etc
· Support TBI staff and Government counterparts in mapping, engaging and managing key stakeholders, including foreign and domestic investors, development partners and various government institutions
· Support the Country Head and other team members with fundraising, quarterly and annual reporting; strategic and management programmes
· Plan, prioritize and manage your time and deliverables from start to finish, including timelines, content, and deliverables
We are looking for outstanding individuals with a proven track record of delivery, with strong analytical and communication skills, and with a clear will to keep learning. We seek to create local and international multi-disciplinary teams and are looking for individuals who are keen to develop their own skills and careers in a fast pace, motivating, multi-cultural environment.
You will have the following skills and experience:
· At least one year of work experience following undergraduate degree in government advisory or management consulting
· Outstanding record of academic achievement
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with minimum GPA of 3.0 and above (preferred areas of study: Mathematics, Statistics, ICT, Business, Economics, Engineering, Marketing, Law, Communications) would be advantageous
· Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and data gathering skills
· Excellent writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work with limited supervision on multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
· Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels, with an emphasis on high- performance, results and accountability
· Prior extracurricular activity is highly desired, i.e, Youth Association, Community Service etc.
· Proven willingness to learn, and ability to be a real team player
Above all, we are looking for individuals with high levels of enthusiasm, resilience, a can-do attitude, resourcefulness; tenacity; independence; self-confident; integrity and ability to consistently achieve results in a fast-paced environment
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.