Vaccine Delivery Advisor- Monitoring & Evaluation
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will be under the guidance and supervision of the Expanded Program on Immunization’s (EPI) team leader under the Federal Ministry of Health(FMOH), primarily supporting Covid-19 response programs.
As part of our new Africa Vaccine Programme, (AVP), we are seeking talented and dedicated individuals that can provide flexible and responsive support to government’s changing needs. This will include advice using TBI’s advisory toolkit and framework and may span donor and, government coordination, data analysis, management and presentation, resource mobilisation, strategic communications, stakeholder management, spotting opportunities and solving problems.
Postholders must be able to lead on enhancing the quality and accountability of the COVID-19 vaccination rollout at different levels, monitor the implementation of grants, the setting of targets, the achievement of results, and provide strategic information for programmatic improvements and adjustments. The advisor will work with the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Directorate (PPMED) and Health Information Technology Directorate (HITD) to fully scale up the COVID-19 vaccination data tracking through District Health Information Software 2 (DHIS2).
- Serve as a focal person to coordinate and collaborate with internal COVID-19 Information Unit to exchange knowledge and information related to possible data sources for internal M&E of COVID-19 vaccination programmes
- Lead the analysis, interpretation and communication of the results at the program level to inform senior management of significant findings to drive appropriate programmatic and strategic decisions
- Collaborate with the system development focal point in the development and customization of COVID-19 vaccination reporting systems (database, reporting templates, etc…)
- Develop and/ or modify indicators, operational definitions and guidance notes in conformity to changes in the Ministry’s response to COVID-19 and ensure that the indicators sufficiently capture implementation results for internal learning
- Contribute to the overall discussions and activities within the EPI team regarding target setting, vaccine allocation, planning & coordination, and demand generation by providing technical inputs
- Closely and collaboratively work with other team members of EPI case teams and strive for improved COVID-19 information flow among all team members
- Systematically document system-related challenges faced throughout the reporting cycle and feed them to the team for future developments of web-based reporting by Capturing and sharing lessons learned and leveraging potential good practices from other routine immunization and outbreak response practices
- Act as a focal technical person to organize/ provide trainings and to share sessions on COVID-19 reporting and clarify queries raised by different stakeholders to ensure common understanding of indicators
- Participate in the COVAX post introduction evaluation exercises
- Facilitate and monitor the budget utilization and liquidation of the COVID-19 vaccination budget
- Willigness to travel to regions as necessary (subject to safety clearance by TBI)
- Effective communication
- Ability to foster integration and teamwork
- Ability to build and promote partnerships across multiple sectors
- Productive and resilient in dynamic and challenging environment
Education (Qualifications) Requirements:
- Master’s degree in public health or other field relevant to Data Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, or a Bachelor’s degree followed by more years of work experience may also be considered
- Fluent in English & Amharic (additional Ethiopian languages desirable)
- Computer literacy: Proficient in use of key Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power point)
- 6 + years’ experience in either government, government advisory, management consulting or similar organisational leadership roles (in developing countries)
- At least 3 years of work experience specifically in M&E on a development programme and/or data management in public health programs – preferably in immunization programs
- Prior experience in the coordination, implementation and/or in supporting routine immunization programs- (can be at a woreda/regional or federal level)
- Previous experience in quantitative and qualitative assessments and data analysis is essential
- Strong analytical and management skills, including sound knowledge of strategic planning and project management tools
- Ability to develop clear Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning frameworks that result in effective delivery of outcomes
- Ability to work independently, think strategically and translate strategies to concrete and implementable plans with an attention to detail be able to deliver results in complex and challenging environments
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities
- Other desirable skills: knowledge of the DHIS 2 system, other analytical or statistical softwares
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.