e-Health Project Manager
Focus of the Role
We are looking to hire an exceptional project manager (PM) with experience and expertise across technology and government advisory to support our emerging portfolio of e-health work.
The role would start immediately, based in Abidjan.
You should have experience and expertise across technology and government advisory, have a background in health and ideally have previously worked on a successful technology rollout for government systems.
You will work with the Ministry of Health and the relevant technical committee and the wider TBI team to implement a health management product, advising and supporting its rapid development and application in Côte d’Ivoire.
The post holder will thereafter work on the application of technology and innovations in the Health sector as part of our partnership with the Government of Côte d’Ivoire. They will join a growing team focused on our tech for transformation work in Côte d’Ivoire led by a Head of Tech and Country Head, Côte d’Ivoire.
This team will work with the wider existing embedded advisory team which is currently focused in the economic development, investment promotion and agricultural sectors, forming a team with enormous potential for further impact.
The postholder will further be a part of our growing global TBI Tech for Development programme team delivering technology-enabled transformation for governments and public good.
This is a key role requiring a strong candidate with relevant expertise in project management, technology and digital transformation and knowledge of and experience in the public health sector.
Key outcomes of the role
- The immediate task is to ensure the successful and rapid deployment of a critical data management product as part of the Government of Côte d’Ivoire ’s Covid -19 health response
- Thereafter the role will support the wider partnership between the Government of Côte d’Ivoire and TBI on tech for transformation in the health sector including supporting the project design and execution of further initiatives and strengthening this partnership
- Key performance targets will be established and delivered through effective development, deployment and management of the partnership’s and T4D programme’s goals
In the immediate term the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Support a diverse set of stakeholders from TBI, Government, technology providers and other partners in supporting the application of a data management system at speed
- Work closely with an engineering team to ensure the required health management technology meets the needs of the Ministry of Health and its end users
- Work closely with the Head of Tech for Development Côte d’Ivoire to ensure TBI meets the needs of its stakeholders
- Define and report success metrics to help evaluate the efficiency of implemented solutions
- Manage the project with a view not only to short-term objectives and key results, but longer-term product improvement, sustainability, and impact
The longer term responsibilities of the role include supporting adjacent technology applications to support Government’s eHealth priorities and wider digital services. This will involve:
- Planning: Working closely with TBI Tech team and in consultation with government interlocutors, design, maintain and continually improve country project plans and tools to roll out our tech partnership initiative in the field of e-Health
- Execution and Monitoring: Under the direction of the Country Head and ultimately, Head of Tech, review and maintain project goals, plans, proof points and KPIs. Report to and engage with Country Head for Côte d’Ivoire, and our Global Tech for Development team to drive delivery, ideate, troubleshoot and manage roll-out. Where relevant, ensure expenditure is utilised in line with budget with robust management accounts and accountability established. Ensure all necessary risk, legal and financial compliance and processes are followed
- Government Relations: Support the Country Head and ultimately, Head of Tech to maintain effective and trusted relationships in government in line with the country project strategy and positioning, and in service of the overall TBI mission to support political leaders to achieve results that benefit the people of the country and our tech for development initiative
- People: Support the recruitment and management of team staff, as required. The post holder will be expected to develop strong working relationships
- External Relations (non-governmental): Support the Country Head and ultimately, Head of Tech engage with relevant external stakeholders such as tech companies, Partners, other actors and stakeholders in the tech and Health sectors as directed
- One TBI: the post holder will formally report to the Country Head, Côte d’Ivoire , while maintaining closely linked into the TBI Tech team including through Head of Tech Côte d’Ivoire . They will work closely with and support Ministerial interlocutors at the Ministry of Health
We are looking for an experienced project manager:
- With a minimum of 5 years’ experience in business operations, technology, consulting or advisory functions
- With experience in health, health management systems, digital health highly desired
- Prior experience working in LMIC countries required. Experience working alongside LMIC governments and/or tech companies is highly desirable
- With proven understanding of the tech policy and regulatory context, how to influence policy and the discretion and judgment needed to navigate a complex environment
- Who commits to business objectives and pulls out the stops to make sure they are always met
- With the ability to work under pressure, and to coordinate with teams and multi-disciplinary advisors
- With strong communication and project management skills
- Who can work flexibly and be adaptable, open to changing approaches in response to changing situations on the ground
- With proven understanding of the policy context, how to influence policy and the discretion and judgment needed to navigate a complex environment
- With a bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Prior work with the Government of Côte d’Ivoire is highly desirable
- Fluency in French and English required
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.