Junior Graphic Designer
The External Relations team is an integral part of the Institute, encompassing Fundraising, Partnership & Events, Comms, Media & Publishing, and our Creative Studio Hub which incorporates Design, Web and Social Teams.
We’re looking for a talented Junior Graphic Designer to join our design team in London. You'll work closely with the rest of the design team, who will provide mentoring as you learn the ropes of design conception and implementation. You will collaborate with our project manager, content and editorial teams, as well as external agencies to design captivating visual storytelling experiences.
There is fantastic opportunity for growth in this role as the Institute’s outputs continue to expand. If you genuinely love what you do, are driven and passionate, then we want to hear from you.
You’ll produce high-quality and timely creative assets including:
- Social media content
- Reports and papers
- Data visualisations and infographics
- Event assets
- Internal communications
You are able to:
- Understand, develop and execute a creative brief to a high standard
- Follow and understand brand guidelines and identity, and use/maintain appropriate design templates
- Analyse complex information and translate it into compelling visual stories (be that stock image research, bespoke image creation, or data visualisation)
- Formulate original, creative ideas and take them from initial concept to delivery
- Drive innovation within the creative team to better represent the Institute
- Be comfortable working independently
- 1-3 years design experience
- You have an impressive portfolio of work behind you, including some examples of design for reports, social media content and information design
- Advanced Adobe CC skills (including but not limited to InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop, XD)
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Interest in information design and data visualisation (Flourish, Highcharts)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build great relationships with everyone you work with
- Working collaboratively within your own team as well as cross-departmentally
- The ability to juggle multiple projects of varying sizes and complexity at once, and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.