Health Data and e-Health Advisor, Indonesia
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
We are looking to hire an exceptional e-Health Advisor with experience and expertise across technology and government advisory. The role would start immediately, based in Jakarta.
The postholder should have experience and expertise across technology and government advisory, have a background in health and ideally have previously worked on a successful technology rollout for government systems. The scope of work shall cover the wider GoI healthcare digitisation agenda.
The incumbent will work with the Ministry of Health, relevant agencies, technical committees and the wider TBI team to implement technology and innovations in the Health sector as part of our partnership with the Government of Indonesia.
The incumbent will work closely with both TBI’s regional Advisory leadership and the Head of Health, Tech4Development, as well as wider TBI colleagues in Tech4Development and TBI’s Tech and Public Policy team.
Results of the workstream will contribute to the wider Tech for Development global portfolio. This newly launched tech for development initiative, enabled by a dynamic external partner, is being delivered in 30 countries in Africa, Eastern Europe, and Asia, and aims to transform developing and emerging nations through the application of sustainable scaled technology and innovations across public services, food systems and agriculture, healthcare and climate.
This is a key role requiring a strong candidate with relevant expertise in project management, tech and knowledge of and experience in the health sector. Key performance targets will be established and delivered through effective development, deployment and management of the partnership’s goals.
Support to the Ministry of Health (MoH)
Overall, the e-Health Data Advisor shall support the MoH on the digitalisation ambitions including reviewing of existing systems, providing advice on legal framework and interoperability, developing costed implementation plans and advising on the Cloud architecture.The specific responisbilities will be agreed with the Ministry of Health and may include:
- Review existing systems and provide system documentations by updating or undertaking the relevant additional assessment or analyses
- Assist in software development, design, configuration, and installation of point-of care modules for Electronic Health Records
- Legal framework: Review/defining national policy to protect and ensure confidentiality, availability, and integrity of health information, and also ensure audits
- Develop/Update digitisation strategic plan
- Ensure that ongoing software development/enhancements abide the compliancy/alignment of developed HIE standards
- Review/establish an interoperability framework when needed (policies, guidelines, standards, rules, and recommendations)
- Develop a comprehensive and up-to-date costed implementation plan
- Lead and provide oversight of the set up and ongoing implementation of the health information systems.
- Develop the detailed requirements for the health information exchange
- Cloud architecture. Be able to draw Health cloud architecture that might host a centralized and optimized e-health environment
- Develop and implement a comprehensive capacity building plan for end users and other stakeholders that will lead to the seamless adoption and sustainable use of health information system in clinical and other decision making
Project Management Role:
- Planning: Working closely with TBI Tech team and in consultation with government interlocutors, design, maintain and continually improve country project plans and tools to roll out the tech partnership initiative in the field of e-Health
- Execution and Monitoring: Under the direction of the Senior Health Advisor review and maintain project goals, plans, proof points and KPIs. Report to the Senior Health Advisor and engage with wider TBI Indonesia team and global T4D health team, to drive delivery, ideate, troubleshoot and manage roll-out.
- Government Relations: Support the TBI team to maintain effective and trusted relationships in government in line with the country project strategy and positioning, and in service of the overall TBI mission to support political leaders to achieve results that benefit the people of the country and our tech for development initiative
- People: Support the recruitment and management of team staff, as required. The post holder will be expected to develop strong working relationships
- External Relations (non-governmental): Support the Country Head to engage with relevant external stakeholders such as tech companies, Partners, other actors and stakeholders in the tech and Health sectors as directed for resource mobilisation and other partnerships
- One TBI: the post holder will formally report to the Senior Health Advisor
We are looking for an experienced project manager:
- University degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Health Informatics, Health Information Management, Information Technology, Public Health, or a related field
- At least 7 years of relevant experience working on the set up and implementation of HIS in-health facility settings
- Professional technical knowledge, expertise and demonstrated ability in HIS development, Electronic Medical Records Systems design, implementation, and capacity building
- Knowledge of health digital solutions business processes mapping and requirements development
- With an understanding of the tech policy and regulatory environment in practise
- Ability to integrate/interfaces systems using
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in system deployment using new and optimized technologies
- Proven experience assessing hospital information systems and electronic health record ecosystems
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Software Development, System Engineering, Information Systems architecture design and data base management
- Experience in MIS project management and rolling out of large-scale MIS systems especially in capacity constraints environment/developing countries is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate strategic discussion to co-create a common vision among stakeholders
- With the ability to work under pressure, and to coordinate with teams and multi-disciplinary advisors
- With strong communication and project management skills
- Who can work flexibly and be adaptable, open to changing approaches in response to changing situations on the ground
- With proven understanding of the policy context, how to influence policy and the discretion and judgment needed to navigate a complex environment
- Fluency in English required
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.