Senior Health Advisor, Indonesia
Focus of the Role
We are looking to hire an exceptional Senior Health Advisor with experience and expertise across health, technology and government advisory. The role would start immediately, based in Jakarta.
The postholder should have experience and expertise across health and government advisory, and ideally have previously worked on technology enabled programmes for government health system strengthening.
The postholder will work with the Ministry of Health, relevant agencies, technical committees and the wider TBI team to support the Ministry of Health’s priority issues and programmes in Indonesia, which are intended to transform the health sector.
The incumbent will work closely with both TBI’s regional leadership and the central team in London, especially the Technology for Development team and the Head of Health. This newly launched tech for development initiative, enabled by a dynamic external partner, is being delivered in 30 countries in Africa, Eastern Europe, and Asia, and aims to transform developing and emerging nations through the application of sustainable scaled technology and innovations across public services, food systems and agriculture, healthcare and climate.
- To manage TBI’s relationship and health advisory services to the Government of Indonesia
- To oversee, manage and cohere the work of the ‘Health Data and e-Health Advisor’ as well as the ‘Global Health Security Advisor’
- To equip the Government of Indonesia’s Ministry of Health to develop and deliver a transformative health strategy, with technology transformation at its core and a focus on life sciences industrial strategy and digitisation
- Thereafter the role will support the wider partnership between the Government of Indonesia and TBI on tech for transformation in the health sector including supporting the development of this partnership
- Key performance targets will be established and delivered through effective development, deployment and management of the partnership’s goals
Programme Management Role:
- Planning: Working closely with TBI team and government interlocutors, design, maintain and continually improve country project plans and tools
- Execution and Monitoring: Under the direction of the Head of Tech and Country Head review and maintain project goals, plans, proof points and KPIs Report to the Head of Tech, with strong engagement with the Country Head and global Head of Health, to drive delivery, ideate, troubleshoot and manage roll-out
- Government Relations: Support the Head of Tech and Country Head to maintain effective and trusted relationships in government in line with the country project strategy and positioning, and in service of the overall TBI mission to support political leaders to achieve results that benefit the people of the country and our tech for development initiative
- People: Support the recruitment and management of team staff, as required. The post holder will be expected to develop strong working relationships, and will manage the Global Health Security Advisor as well as the Health Data and e-Health Advisor
- External Relations (non-governmental): Support the Country Head to engage with relevant external stakeholders such as tech companies, Partners, other actors and stakeholders in the tech and Health sectors as directed for resource mobilisation and other partnerships
- One TBI: the post holder will formally report to the Head of Tech with a dotted line to Head of Health
We are looking for an experienced Health Advisor:
- Experience and qualifications in Public Health or related field
- At least 10 years of relevant experience working on health system strengthening programmes
- Knowledge of health technology solutions, and an understanding of the tech policy and regulatory environment in practise
- Expertise in global health and specifically global health security
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate strategic discussion to co-create a common vision among stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure, and to coordinate with teams and multi-disciplinary advisors
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Who can work flexibly and be adaptable, open to changing approaches in response to changing situations on the ground
- With proven understanding of the political context, how to influence policy and the discretion and judgment needed to navigate a complex environment
Fluency in English and Indonesian required
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.