The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Reward and Benefits Manager
Job Reference tbigc/TP/9595/543
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
As the Institute continues to grow in size and geographical presence we are looking to hire a Reward and Benefits Manager to join the People Team to help support and deliver our reward strategy across the Institute.
Our team sits within the Institute Resources Division, comprised of Legal and Risk, Finance, IT, Ops & Security and People Teams.
We develop and deliver policies and processes that drive our working practices, mirror our values, and which are aligned with our strategic objectives. We ensure that our organisational capabilities equip us to meet current and future challenges, and work closely with all parts of the Institute to ensure that its objectives are successfully met.
Come and work for a growing, dynamic organisation alongside a group of smart, supportive and committed people.
This is hybrid role with an expectation that you will work from our central London offices two days per week. We will consider fully remote candidates for those based outside of the London commuter belt, with an expectation that you would travel to London a minimum of once a month
Reporting to the Executive Director for People & Operations, the role holder will lead our approach to pay, reward and benefits. They will be responsible for providing high quality reward and benefits support in a global context. The role holder will be the inhouse specialist on developing and implementing TBI’s reward and benefits strategy, policy, system and analytics, ensuring we are attracting and retaining talent.
In partnership with global leadership stakeholders, the focus will be on both the operational and strategic implementation of our reward strategy. The role will ensure all aspects of reward are focused on diversity and inclusivity to ensure accessibility and equality of approach to all colleagues globally.
- Using internal and external insight, recommend and provide competitive, future proofed reward solutions that ensure TBI is delivering an inclusive and competitive offering in the market that meets the needs of our diverse population
- Work closely with our Finance team to help shape and frame, and in part manage, TBI’s benefits offering globally ensuring legal compliance. Lead regular reviews of benefits offering working closely with our Finance and Legal teams and local counsel or third parties where necessary
- With the Executive Director of People & Operations (EDP&O), manage the annual pay review and benchmarking processes globally. This will include modelling different scenarios depending on budget implications
- Working with our Recruitment Team, ensure TBI is attracting and recruiting the right talent, that fit with the organisation’s mission and values, and that we are growing a diverse talent pool
- Ensure all payroll impacting salary data is managed appropriately from a process and system perspective. This will include working with colleagues in the Finance Team to ensure budgeting is undertaken for salary and benefit impacts annually
- Develop and manage our Global Mobility policy ensuring consistent application
- Recognised reward/HR specialist with significant experience in managing, developing and delivering reward strategies in a global context, including global mobility
- Experience of supporting the preparation and delivery of Board papers to support reward strategy including scenario modelling
- Significant experience of job evaluation and market analysis
- Some knowledge of pension legislation
- Experience of working with benefits application
- Ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural environment displaying an approach that is culturally sensitive and appropriate
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral – to build relationships, provide appropriate challenge and to engage stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Strong customer focus and service delivery ethos
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment
- Budget management experience
- Strong team player capable of building effective relationships across multiple stakeholders
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.