HR Business Partner
Focus of the Role
TBI’s Institute Resources Team supports and helps pave the way for the Institute to deliver its mission. We are comprised of the Legal and Risk, Finance, IT, Ops & Security and People Teams.
We develop and deliver policies and processes that drive our working practices, mirror our values, and that are aligned with our strategic objectives. We ensure that our organisational capabilities equip us to meet current and future challenges.
The People Team is an innovative, focused and fast paced team which works closely with all parts of the Institute to create a talented, engaged and high performing workforce.
We are seeking to recruit an additional HR Business Partner to join the People Team and be based in Jakarta. The role will help support our teams and work in Asia, which includes a new large-scale project in Indonesia, with exciting growth plans for 2022 and 2023 to expand our impact, FTE size and footprint.
This is a critical role, initially reporting to the Executive Director of People and Operations, and which will work closely with our Country Head, Indonesia, and other leaders within the region. The postholder will help deliver the Institute's talent strategy, be instrumental in the growth of our work in Asia, and support teams on a day-to-day basis.
We are seeking a talented candidate with significant, senior HR experience across international, complex and fast-paced organisations.
- Provide strategic advice and business partner support to leaders and managers within the Asia region, focusing on resourcing, talent management, strategic people planning, and employee relations. Coach on complex matters and providing a strategic HR perspective to support workforce planning and business development
- Represent and support the business needs of the organisation
- Support on day-to-day people management matters, as well as the strategic direction of the business within key stakeholders
- Be accessible to, and support, all employees within relevant business areas on a day-to-day basis
- Drive consistent process compliance and efficiencies ensuring the effective delivery of people processes
- Support the vision and goals of the Institute by translating strategic objectives into reality
- Provide advice on relevant employment law, emerging trends, best practice and support on implementing new legislation
- Negotiate employee disputes, underperformance, disciplinaries, and grievances
- Manage, and where required, lead, on the Institute’s performance management, learning and reward processes and initiatives
- Work with our Finance Team on a monthly basis to finalise payroll and benefits
- Support the Institute’s Fundraising and External Relations teams in any donor reporting or fundraising initiatives
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition Advisors within the Recruitment Team to define and develop hiring strategies for new roles, driven by the needs of the relevant team or division and funding requirements
- Where required, support Hiring Managers through interview processes and on best practice
- Support Talent Acquisition Advisors through the negotiation and offers of employment to ensure successful candidates have a positive and engaging experience in their onboarding to the Institute
- Be an active contributor to the development of less experienced team members and show commitment to the innovation and enhancement of the support provided to the organisation by the People Team.
This is a key role in a fast-paced team, working on complex delivery priorities that are highly scrutinised.
The successful candidate should possess a commitment to outstanding business partnering and employee experience, and be able to demonstrate the majority of the following:
- Significant experience of senior broad-based HR partnering, working in international commercial, matrix, fast-paced and complex organisations
- Significant experience of international HR partnering
- A strategic mind-set with a demonstrated ability to interpret business goals into robust people strategies
- A commercial focus with demonstrated ability to identify and deliver commercial outcomes
- Strong influencing, and problem-solving skills
- A willingness to work across all aspects of HR business partnering, and comfortable to work self-sufficiently
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills and able to successfully manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellence in diplomacy, discretion and ability to engage with individuals
- Excellence in building and managing effective relationships, including with senior leaders and stakeholders. A proven ability to analyse, interpret and communicate complex and fast-moving information to senior stakeholders
- Strong IT skills and ability to learn new systems easily
- Flexible working style and ability to support in numerous jurisdictions, learn quickly, and navigate ambiguity
- Working knowledge of employment law and emerging HR trends
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, researching and editing skills. Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa is required
- The successful candidate will be a citizen of Indonesia
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people.
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world
As an organisation the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemakers: you’ll be focused on results