Digital Transformation Advisor
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
Are you excited by the prospect of supporting government to improve service delivery through the application of technology and innovations? Do you have experience of consulting or working on digital transformation projects, leading teams to drive systemic change? Do you thrive on driving the end-to-end delivery of transformative projects? If so, we want to hear from you.
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is scaling up its support to multiple governments in Africa, Eastern Europe and Asia to accelerate reforms and progress, through better delivery support, technology and private sector engagement. With a growing Tech for Development (T4D) programme in Albania, TBI is combining policy, delivery and advisory expertise to help deliver TBI Albania’s strategy supporting the priorities of the President.
The Institute is looking to hire an exceptional Digital Transformation Advisor to drive forward an ambitious agenda, focusing on the provision of support in eHealth, as well as key areas of tech policy, including cloud, AI, digital infrastructure, e-government, and priority project delivery. The advisor will initially work closely with the Ministry of Health and local Ministry of ICT, whilst also collaborating with other key government agencies as required. It is anticipated that this will include additional ministries as the role evolves, and the needs of the government change. Across the tech sector, TBI works with a wide variety of private and public sector partners, as well as international donors and financing partners.
This senior position in the TBI Albania Team will support our ambitious T4D agenda aimed at promoting digital transformation through informed decision-making and practical progress visible to citizens.
In close collaboration with the country Head of Tech (and in interim the acting Head of Tech), and with the support of the central T4Dteam, the T4D Adviser will:
- Support TBI’s role in delivering strategic direction and advice to government counterparts on digitization efforts, particularly in health and government services, but expanding to other sectors as required.
- Supporting the Head of Tech in delivering national-level strategies including conducting business analyses, workshop preparations and delivery, and project management services.
- Support the advancement of Albania’s Tech policy and strategy in particular with respect to Cloud policy and the optimalisation of IT assets and infrastructure. This will provide foundational support for digital transformation and improved government services in areas like Health.
- Help guide and deliver high profile initiatives under the T4D programme specific to Albania, including the implementation of eHealth and eGovernment initiatives. Advising as required on key Government policy processes in liaison with TBI colleagues and the responsible authorities in government
- Guide TBI delivery support into the Ministry as required to help accelerate the implementation of the President’s priority Tech projects. Supported by TBI Albania’s T4D team, and drawing on TBI delivery tools and expertise, help government progress its priority tech projects.
- Extensive experience (7+ years) in Tech from both the Government and Private sector perspective
- A relevant degree level qualification in a STEM disciple (e.g. Computer Science, eHealth, Engineering). An advanced level degree would be an asset.
- Strong experience working in strategy development, with preference for experience from a management consulting firm
- Acute analytical skills combined with an advanced understanding of key issues in Tech (eHealth, AgTech, eGovernment, Digital ID, AI, Cloud, Data protection etc.) and a rounded experience of governmental decision-making processes
- Experience working with a multinational tech company would be an advantage
- Project management experience with skills in supporting project delivery, ideally with experience doing so in public sector settings
- An ability to work independently, think strategically and produce and implement a partnership plan, with attention to detail, analysis with targets and timeframes
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills; able to quickly establish TBI’s credibility with strategic partners
- A proven ability to collaborate with others, including people from different backgrounds and cultures
- A proactive, self-motivated individual with a passion for achieving social impact
- Strong written communication and executive reporting skills including concise written PPT decks and reports an advantage
- Fluency in English is required.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.