Senior Philanthropy Manager (U.S.)
Focus of the Role
With an exciting agenda in place, the Institute aims to strengthen its fundraising operation so that it can support its ongoing development, growth and expanding influence. We are looking to recruit a Senior Philanthropy Manager to join our small and dynamic team to support this effort and diversify our donor base to include a broad range of supporters giving at various levels. As a member of the Institute, you will be joining an international staff community of c.200 people, based in 4 continents. TBI is looking for a dynamic and experienced fundraiser who will be responsible for identifying and securing donations in support of a major gifts programme. The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to meet ambitious fundraising targets and broaden the appeal of the organisation to new funders and potential donors. You will work closely with the Director of Philanthropy and Business Development and a small fundraising team to support our work to secure and manage income from individuals primarily in the USA. If you are looking for a challenging, fun and exciting opportunity with plenty of room for growth, this role is for you.
This role will include lead generation activity, face-to-face solicitations, donor stewardship and gift management activity. If you are looking for a challenging, fun and exciting opportunity with plenty of room for growth, this role is for you. Senior Philanthropy Manager (U.S.) With strong interpersonal and organisational skills, you will work closely with the fundraising Heads to support the Institute’s donor acquisition strategy for and with your research and written skills, empower teams through briefings and research profiles. You will support Pillar teams in engaging directly with donors – either through engagement planning and coordination or leading meetings and other interactions. Successful candidates for this post will have a track record in face-to-face fundraising, creative proposals and ideally have experience of being close to the center of a major campaign.
Successful candidates for this post will have a track record in face-to-face fundraising, creative proposals and ideally have experience of being close to the center of a major campaign.
1. To maximize the potential of high value relationships and as a senior member of the team, input into and deliver the philanthropy strategy.
2. To personally account manage and build relationships with HNWIs to secure five, six, seven figure donations.
3. To line manage a Philanthropy and Partnerships Officer, providing mentoring and leadership support as well as direction in day-to-day activities.
4. Work with the wider team to develop and implement strategies for the acquisition and development of high-value individual supporters in the USA.
5. Research, develop and implement high quality cultivation and stewardship plans and communication records for existing and prospective donors. Develop an excellent and tailored stewardship plan to deliver high quality donor care and recognition, ensuring long-term engagement and support
6. Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Philanthropy and Business Development, Executive Director of External Relations as required – this could include attending events on behalf of the Institute, supporting meetings and other activities.
This role will involve regular travel and could be based in New York or D.C.
About The Institute
About the Institute
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change we are dedicated to making globalisation work for the many, not the few. We do this by helping countries, their people and their governments, address some of the most difficult challenges in the world today – beginning with those where we think we can break new ground, offering leaders new thinking and new approaches. Our staff – over 200 of them, based all over the world – are working on some of the most intractable problems around issues of co-existence, governance, the peace process in the Middle East and renewing the centre.