WAHO Delivery Analyst BF
Focus of the Role
West African Health Organisation (WAHO) is the Specialized Institution responsible for health issues for the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). WAHO’s objective is the attainment of the highest possible standard and protection of the health of the peoples in the sub-region through the harmonisation of policies of Member States, pooling of resources, and cooperation with one another and with others for collective and strategic combat against the health problems of the sub-region. Following the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, the public health agenda has never been more important.
TBI is supporting the West Africa Health Organisation (WAHO) to strengthen its institutional capacity to respond more effectively to routine public health issues and pandemics. This work will be focused on improving the capacity of WAHO and its staff to deliver on their mandates and duties. In the first phase of the programme, the team supported WAHO to deliver a strategic plan to improve health and well-being and access to quality healthcare in the region while strengthening emergency preparedness. WAHO is currently planning the implementation of this strategy.
The WAHO Delivery Analyst will provide overall support to the WAHO Lead Advisor and Delivery Advisors for the delivery of the project.
This is a one-year fixed-term role, which will be based in Bobo-Dioulasso in Burkina Faso.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
Workstream management support
- Support the management of the workstreams from start to finish, including timelines, content, and deliverables
- Support the planning and facilitation of workstream related meetings with counterparts, routines and engagements
- Support the development and implementation of strategies/frameworks and approaches
- Support the project team in the development of reports, presentations and other relevant documents
- Conduct relevant research and acquire/analyse data to support the project’s workstreams and deliverables
- Support the team to engage in person with WAHO colleagues, follow up on team requests and further the embedding of team in WAHO routine planning and delivery activities
- Support evaluation of strategies, frameworks and activities to ensure progress and intervention effectiveness
- Proactively identify issues affecting workstream delivery, propose solutions and promptly communicate them to team leader(s)
- Support the successful development and delivery of project goals and deliverables
- Any other duties as assigned by WAHO Delivery Advisors
- Liaise with the Team assistant in Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire to provide operational support for team visits and activities in Bobo Dioulasso in Burkina
- General admin support to the programme as required
- Operational assistance when members of the WAHO team based in Abidjan visit Bobo Dioulasso
We are looking for individuals with high levels of enthusiasm, drive, resilience, a can-do attitude and ability to consistently achieve results in a fast-paced environment. This is a role in a fast paced team, working within complex policy areas that are highly scrutinised.
Therefore the successful candidate for the role should be able to display the majority of the following:
- Demonstrated experience in economics, public policy, management consulting, international development, health systems strengthening or a related field. Experience working on delivery is a significant advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent coordination and relationship building skills
- An ability to deliver results in complex and challenging environments
- An ability to work independently, think strategically and translate strategies to concrete and implementable plans; an acute attention to detail with excellent organisational skills
- Strong analytical and management skills, including sound knowledge of strategic planning and project management tools
- An ability to communicate in at least one but preferably two of the ECOWAS official languages
- Self-starter, motivated and proactive with solutions, and highly flexible and adaptive
- Good knowledge and application of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and PPT and other relevant software and tools
- An ability to work independently within a team structure and manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously is essential
- A strong sense of ethics, discretion and perseverance required
- Experience of living and working in developing countries is essential; good working knowledge and experience of the West Africa sub-region are desirable
- Willingness to live and work Bobo-Dioulasso in Burkina Faso
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.