Junior Content Editor
We are seeking a Junior Content Editor to join our busy, expert and adaptable Editorial team, who look after multiple strategy, policy and delivery teams in more than 20 countries around the world.
Strong, impactful and influential content crafted for our audiences is key to our mission at the Tony Blair Institute. The Editorial team delivers the Institute’s ambitious pipeline of publications and digital assets, ensuring the editorial quality and rigour of all written output.
The Junior Content Editor, who will work closely with our team of five, will have some editorial experience but be looking to make their next career move. Come and work for this growing, dynamic organisation alongside a group of smart, supportive and committed people.
This is an outstanding opportunity to gain further experience and develop your editing skills alongside senior members of the team.
- Supporting the Editorial team to manage the pipeline, including updating workflows and the publications pipeline
- Keeping the broader Communications team abreast of developments.
- Proofreading and managing client feedback
- Coordinating with design and project-management teams
- Participating in planning and team meetings, representing the Editorial team
- Copyediting short-form blogs and presentations
- Due to the nature of the role, some additional hours outside of core business hours could be required
- Editorial experience required. Although we prefer that you have had at least one professional role, candidates with multiple editorial internships will also be considered
- Excellent attention to detail, including a competent grasp of grammar and strong proofreading skills
- Some copyediting experience
- Fluency with content-management systems, workflow-management tools and digital publishing
- Strong IT skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good communications skills and a professional outlook
- A proactive, flexible, can-do attitude
- An interest in politics and global challenges would be advantageous although this is not an essential requirement
- Be keenly interested in the work of the Institute, and share our mission and values
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.