Trade & Investment Intern
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
Opportunity to contribute to exciting reforms occurring in Ethiopia and work with progressive and inspiring leaders of the government institutions we work with.
Please note this is an 8 week internship programme, starting 15th June to 28th August 2020.
Our Governance work supports the governments and leaders of fragile, developing, and emerging states to enhance their effectiveness. We are focused on helping governments and leaders make their vision for the development of their country a reality. We work in the center of government and in key line ministries and our work is shaped by national priorities.
In Ethiopia, we support the Government in the delivery of its top priorities through our work on policy advisory, institutional building and implementation support. Ethiopia is one of the world’s fastest growing economies and Government of Ethiopia (GoE) has set an ambitious vision for economic transformation and attaining middle income status by 2025. Dynamic political and economic reforms are unfolding, and the team in Ethiopia has been fortunate to be at the center of exciting and unprecedented projects.
Currently, we are seeking a summer intern to work with our counterparts at different institutions including the Ethiopian Investment Commission (EIC) and the Ministry of Trade and Industry.
Specific details of the role will be provided as the date of internship approaches after further assessment of the needs and priorities of government and relevant institutions.
- Ideally 3 years’ professional work experience in investment policy, economic development and/ or management consulting
- Excellent operational and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent at building and managing effective relationships with limited supervision
- Strong team player with outstanding team management skills
- Willingness to closely manage and invest in the development of junior staff
- Ability in influencing, coaching and delivering change through others
- A creative and entrepreneurial approach to overcoming barriers and making change happen; and the ability to cope in emotionally demanding environments
- Fluency in English (oral and written communication skills)
- Experience working in an emerging market, (preferred)
About The Institute
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change we are dedicated to making globalisation work for the many, not the few. We do this by helping countries, their people and their governments, address some of the most difficult challenges in the world today – beginning with those where we think we can break new ground, offering leaders new thinking and new approaches. Our staff – over 200 of them, based all over the world – are working on some of the most intractable problems around issues of co-existence, governance, the peace process in the Middle East and renewing the centre.