The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Abu Dhabi
HR Business Partner
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
TBI’s Institute Resources Team supports and helps pave the way for the Institute to deliver its mission. We are comprised of the Legal and Risk, Finance, IT, Ops & Security and People Teams.
We develop and deliver policies and processes that drive our working practices, mirror our values, and that are aligned with our strategic objectives, supporting the Institute to deliver its mission. We ensure that our organisational capabilities equip us to meet current and future challenges.
The People Team is an innovative, focussed and fast paced team which works closely with all parts of the Institute to create a talented, engaged and high performing workforce. We are a delivery focussed team, and you’ll be just as comfortable working strategically with senior leaders as you are to offer practical help and support across the Institute.
We are seeking an HR Business Partner to join the People Team based in Abu Dhabi, supporting our teams in the UAE, Israel, Athens and a number of Eastern European countries.
This is a critical role working closely with our Managing Director, Middle East and Eastern Europe (MEEE), key operational colleagues in the region, and Regional and Country Directors to help deliver the Institute's talent strategy, be instrumental in the growth of the Institute, and support teams on a day-to-day basis.
We are seeking a talented candidate with significant, senior HR experience across international, complex and fast-paced organisations.
- Provide strategic advice and business partner support to leaders and managers within the MEEE region focusing on resourcing, talent management, strategic people planning, and employee relations. Coach on complex matters and providing a strategic HR perspective to support workforce planning and business development
- Represent and support the business needs of the Institute
- Support on day-to-day people management matters, as well as the strategic direction of the business within key stakeholders.
- Be accessible to, and support, all employees within the MEEE region on a day-to-day basis
- Drive consistent process compliance and efficiencies ensuring the effective delivery of people processes
- Support the vision and goals of the Institute by translating strategic objectives into reality
- Provide advice on relevant employment law, emerging trends, best practice and support on implementing new legislation
- Negotiate employee disputes, underperformance, disciplinary matters, and grievances
- Work with colleauges within the People Team to deliver the Institute’s performance management, learning and reward processes and initiatives
- Lead the MEEE region’s performance management process including the coordination of written reviews, preparation of staff dossiers and management of the online system underpinning TBI’s performance management system
- Coordinate the MEEE region’s Learning & Development program in close collaboration with regional content owners, global stakeholders and external vendors
- Work with our Finance Team on a monthly basis to finalise payroll and benefits
- Work closely with Recruitment Managers to define and develop hiring strategies for new roles driven by the needs of the relevant team or division and funding requirements
- Where required, support Hiring Managers through interview processes and on best practice
- Support Recruitment Managers through the negotiation and offers of employment to ensure successful candidates have a positive and engaging experience in their onboarding to the Institute
- Be an active contributor to the development of colleauges within the People Team and show commitment to the innovation and enhancement of the support provided to the organisation by the People Team.
This is a key role in a fast-paced team, working on complex delivery priorities that are highly scrutinised.
The successful candidate should possess a commitment to outstanding business partnering and employee experience, and be able to demonstrate the majority of the following:
- Significant experience of senior broad-based HR partnering, working in international commercial, matrix, fast-paced and complex organisations
- Significant experience of international HR business partnering
- A strategic mind-set with a demonstrated ability to interpret business goals into robust people strategies
- A commercial focus with demonstrated ability to identify and deliver commercial outcomes
- Strong influencing, and problem-solving skills
- A willingness to work across all aspects of HR business partnering, and comfortable to work self-sufficiently
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills and able to successfully manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellence in diplomacy, discretion and ability to engage with individuals
- Excellence in building and managing effective relationships, including with senior leaders and stakeholders. A proven ability to analyse, interpret and communicate complex and fast-moving information to senior stakeholders
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, researching and editing skills
- Strong IT skills and ability to learn new systems easily
- Flexible working style and ability to support in numerous jurisdictions, learn quickly, and navigate ambiguity
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in Arabic is an advantage
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.