Center of Government Practice Intern
Focus of the Role
Our Effective Governance work supports the governments and leaders of fragile, developing, and emerging states to enhance their effectiveness. We are focused on helping governments and leaders make their vision for the development of their country a reality. We work in the centre of government and selected ministries, through our in-country projects and cross-cutting Practice structures.
Please note this is an 10 week internship programme, starting 15th June to 28th August 2020.
The objective of our Practice work is to support the Effective Governance pillar meet its ambition of delivering impact in the countries in which it works. Practices help improve the quality of product offering, strengthen knowledge management, help provide career development paths for our staff and help source the right type of funding/revenue for the pillar’s work. Practices also contribute the pillar’s thought leadership agenda.
Our Centre of Government (CoG) Practice is a gathering of advisors supporting Heads of State across our 14 partner governments. The practice’s central team complements the work of long-term CoG advisors through short-term technical support. Currently, we are seeking a summer intern to work with the practice central team for a minimum of 2.5 months.
The intern will work closely with our Practice Lead, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Conduct CoG product and services market assessment, including 5-year market projection in terms of $ and geography
- Based on findings of the assessment, develop the following outputs
- Design CoG services toolkit which enhances TBI’s support to partner governments
- Thought leadership strategy that builds the practice’s recognition and meaningfully contributes insight towards global governance discussions
- Business Development and partnership options that can unlock growth opportunities
- People and community development plan for practice members and TBI partner counterparts
- Ideally 2 years’ professional work experience in international development and/ or management consulting
- Ability to effectively lead problem-solving sessions, quickly spotting the core of a problem, structuring the conversation to tackle the core of a problem and getting to the best answers
- Demonstrates confidence and strong ability to effectively manage multiple areas of work simultaneously
- Ability to maximize in-house knowledge, synsergies and relationships to provide the best possible service delivery to practice team
- Strong team player with outstanding team management skills
- Ability to cope in emotionally demanding environments
- Fluency in English (oral and written communication skills)
- Experience working in an emerging market (preferred)
About The Institute
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change we are dedicated to making globalization work for the many, not the few. We do this by helping countries, their people and their governments, address some of the most difficult challenges in the world today – beginning with those where we think we can break new ground, offering leaders new thinking and new approaches. Our staff – over 200 of them, based all over the world – are working on some of the most intractable problems around issues of co-existence, governance, the peace process in the Middle East and renewing the center.