The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Jakarta
Senior Health and Life Sciences Advisor
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
COVID-19 did not only disrupt lives and livelihoods, but also exposed the deficiencies of the national healthcare systems, the vulnerability of countries marginalised by the inequality in accessing vaccines and at the country level, the absence of well-coordinated cross government response to the threats of the pandemic.
Lessons from these experiences have driven the leadership of Indonesia to seek to accelerate on: 1.) Digitalization of their healthcare system, and 2.) Meeting their healthcare and life sciences goals. To achieve this, they will need to participate in clinical trials, tech transfer, licensing, and assignment of intellectual property rights, and potentially, forge bilateral and multilateral partnerships to support in achieving project targets.
Are you excited by the prospect of transforming and developing the healthcare and life sciences sectors in Indonesia? Do you have experience in consulting or working with government in the health and life sciences sector, driving systemic and transformative change in an emerging or developing country?
The Tomorrow Partnership is the Tony Blair Institute’s collaboration with political leaders and governments to bring tech and digital solutions to their biggest challenges, because we believe tomorrow will belong to those who responsibly harness the power of technology for the good of all people, and to leave no one behind. Through the Tomorrow Partnership, we broker strategic partnerships between governments and leading tech organisations and innovators to help foster environments that enable tech to deliver practical change in people’s lives.
The Tomorrow Partnership assists countries to leverage the technological revolution for national transformation, organized around advisory and delivery support across four initial focus sectors (Health-tech; digital government; digital ID; and ag-tech). It is supported by cutting-edge insights from our Technology and Public Policy team, and through collaboration with leading players in the global technology space.
As a key part of The Tomorrow Partnership’s work in Indonesia, the Senior Health and Life Sciences Advisor role offers the unique opportunity to be involved in the development and delivery of new opportunities in Indonesia, supporting the use of transformational tech solutions to improve healthcare and life sciences industries in Indonesia. This Senior Advisor will work in close collaboration with government counterparts, as well as engage broader public and private stakeholders, to lead scoping and partnership discussions with the Head of Health, identifying areas of catalytic potential that are aligned with presidential priorities. Drawing on sector expertise, the Senior Advisor will contribute to the development of a concrete offer from TBI to relevant government counterparts in support of a transformative technology and digitisation agenda, identifying key areas where TBI’s offering provides value and impact.
The Senior Health and Life Sciences Advisor will work closely with the Head of Health, Head of Tech, Indonesia and TBI’s global health team to develop and iterate the Tomorrow Partnership Indonesia strategy and approach, and tailor the value proposition to the specific needs and opportunities in the Indonesian context.
The Senior Health and Life Sciences Advisor will be responsible for:
- Representing TBI, our core beliefs and our value proposition
- Act as subject matter expert for the scope of work mentioned, demonstrate and execute thought leadership, manage a team of 1-2 FTEs and serve as key liaison for client counterparts
- Engaging key senior government counterparts on the national/sectoral vision, priorities, and challenges, and assessing entry points where the TBI’s Tomorrow Partnership programming adds strategic value to the Government’s objectives
- Undertaking an assessment of Indonesia’s existing health and life sciences landscape, including: healthcare and life sciences infrastructure, capacity building, government prioritized needs, and genomic sequencing, and digitalization. This assessment should seek to understand government activities in both technical and policy terms, within the healthcare and life sciences industries.
- Support development of a clear action plan for TBI to support implementation of identified opportunities, with clearly articulated timeframes, milestones and outputs. Oversee delivery of individual workstreams, working closely with government counterparts
- Building strong relationships with senior public sector stakeholders, maintaining an in-depth understanding of current trends across the tech ecosystem, identifying opportunities for collaboration
- Developing relationships with actors across the broader tech ecosystem, including private sector and development partners
- Providing support to the Head of Tech with recruitment and partnership development activities, as initiatives grow
- Thought leadership recognized in country/regionally/globally and contribution to TBI’s Tomorrow Partnership global offer and playbook
- Support internal monitoring and reporting for the Head of Tech, Country Head and central TBI teams
Required Experience & skills:
- Ideally 7-10 years’ experience in management consulting, government or government advisory, related to health and/or life sciences sector.
- Relevant work experience in Indonesia public and/or pharmaceutical health is highly desirable
- Experience in the development and operations of a transformation project on healthcare and life sciences research industries in a public sector environment.
- Familiarity with policy and regulation needed to foster and enable technology transformation for public good.
- Experience in project identification and strategy development, preferably in the health and life sciences sector, or linked to government advisory
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of government and non-government actors, including the private sector and development partners
- Bold thinker equipped to be a thought partner and peer to cutting edge technology companies as well as government leadership with an aim to thinking towards the future of innovation
- Able to work independently, whilst drawing on expertise from colleagues based in the region and globally
- Outstanding management skills and the proven ability to build and inspire teams to achieve exceptional objectives and contribute directly to outcomes hands-on
- Experience in developing and emerging economies, and sensitive to a diverse range of cultural and regional norms. Experience working in Indonesia would be an asset
- Must be fluent in English and Indonesian
Education (Qualifications) Requirements:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree (preferred) in the field of health, life sciences, or other relevant area
- Computer literacy: Proficient in use of key Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well, they can create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people.
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemakers: you’ll be focused on results