The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Summer Associate, Advisory London
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) advises reforming political leaders and governments on strategy, policy and delivery, with technology as an enabler across all three functions. In so doing we make a significant and positive impact for citizens around the world.
We are hosting an exciting summer Internship Programme for ten weeks within our London Advisory Team, commencing late June 2023 for exceptional candidates who are passionate about politics and the ability to create change by working in and with governments.
Our Internship Programme will provide you with a variety of experience, working with colleagues both in London and across the globe. You will have the benefit of an innovative programme of work during which you will help support our growing project portfolio, business development activities and expertise to our clients.
Our Programme will provide you with a real insight into TBI’s work and allow you to understand how we are problem-solvers able to support political leaders across all the dimensions at which we offer advice.
During the Internship Programme, you will support specific projects, help create impactful change, be mentored by colleagues and receive a holistic understanding of life at TBI. For those who enjoy our Internship Programme and are excited by the growth and impact of TBI, you will have a solid foundation from which to apply for a full-time position at the Institute: Whether our colleagues are at TBI for a few years, or a large share of their career as they grow and progress within the Institute, their experience positions them to have a huge global impact.
Please note that applicants must have the right to work in UK and be able to relocate to London at their own expense for the duration of the internship. The compensation for this role is extremely competitive – more details on application.
By applying to this position you will be considered for all vacant Advisory London internships available in Summer 2023.
Our Internship Programme will provide you with the opportunity to do some or all of the following:
- Develop research, analysis, written insights and other deliverables for clients and senior leadership within TBI
- Support projects and/or regional client or development opportunities as TBI advises political leaders on strategy, policy and delivery with technology as the enabler across all three dimensions
- Support delivery of high levels of project impact, facilitating nimble performance tracking and coordination where required
- Play a hands-on role in opportunity scoping and relationship building to enable the expansion of TBI to new geographies, including research and insights to help develop presentations for new country clients and senior government officials
- Apply and learn from new and innovative approaches to supporting change and deliver impact
- Help develop strategies/frameworks and approaches
- Support project teams in the development of reports, presentations and other relevant documents
- We welcome applications from those finishing or who have completed an undergraduate degree or post graduate degree
- You should have a personal passion for politics and strong political acumen
- We are looking for candidates who have:
- A work ethos focused on team success with genuine motivation for colleagues’ performance, growth and well-being
- An insatiable curiosity for data
- A deep interest in generating original insights and performing in-depth analysis
- Experience of being an entrepreneurial self-starter
- You should be comfortable in performing challenging analysis and structured problem solving
- We welcome applications from candidates who have a proactive and hands-on attitude, not afraid to roll-up their sleeves to get the job done and take ownership of their work
Please note that due to the upcoming holiday period we will not be able to advise on the success of your application until January 2023.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.