The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Head of Tech Partner Innovation
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
The Head of Tech Partner Innovation (TPI) will be responsible for the overall success of implementing Tech Partner solutions to government clients. This Team Leader will have senior company counterparts in partner companies and will own the strategy for co-designing and co-delivering solutions with the partner, with a focus on sustainability and impact. The role will input into TBI’s vision for leveraging Tech Partner solutions, and be instrumental in the uptake and expansion of Partner solutions within government clients.
This position will report to the Global Innovation Director and lead a multi-disciplinary team that includes Product Managers, Engagement Managers, Enterprise Architects, Product Designers and Tech Partner Advisors. The TPI team will be propositional in the technical scope to be delivered, the plan to deliver successfully with tech partners, and the model and approach to working with government clients.
The purpose of this newly created role is to extend our influence and impact with our government clients by leveraging Tech Partner solutions. These solutions will deliver measurable value to our clients, and tangible and meaningful impact to their citizens.
The position collaborates, directs, and leads with a mindset for impact and accelerated value. Success in this role will be measured by the impact the implemented solutions will have with governments clients, and the measurable contributions of the TPI team to the design, development and deployment of the partner solution.
The TPI team is part of the Global Innovation Unit within TBI’s Strategy &Partnerships Division.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Develop plan and outline the ambition of the Tech Partner Innovation Team
- Recruit and supervise employees and consultants, including performance management and development
- Set and deliver annual OKRs linked to innovation and impact from working with Landmark/Strategic Technology Partners and Local Tech Partners within TBI-operating countries
- Overall responsibility for delivery strategy and successful co-delivery of Digital solutions with Technology Partners, with a focus on sustainability and impact
- Review project’s technical scope as part of overall implementation strategy
- Point of escalation for TPI team
- Support the development of TBI’s vision internally for the selection and approach to leveraging Tech Partner solutions
- Influence the expansion of the Partner solution within government client (land and expand)
- Influence the uptake of Partner solution across TBI government clients
- Supports the work of the Strategic Partnerships & Initiatives department (SP&I) with the identification and selection of Landmark and Strategic Tech Partners
- Provide recommendation to SP&I’s evolving partnership model
- Supports Product Manager to address blockers and mitigate delivery risks, working with Global Client Solutions (GCS) Programme Integrators
- Supports the proposal creation and contracting, ensuring path to partner impact and sustainability
- Support the delivery governance structures with a focus on success and impact
- Support development of references and government implementation success stories
- Responsible for impact storytelling
- Represent TBI and foster collaboration with other organisations on behalf of TBI. Represent and support representation of TBI at events, conferences and working groups with a focus on Tech Partner innovation
- Oversee the financials of the TPI unit
Key internal relationships: Director of Technology (GCS), Director of Partnerships (Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives, SPI), Sector Heads (GCS), Country Heads of Technology, Strategic Advisors (GCS), Program Integrators (GCS).
This post would be a fit for a Senior Technology Leader with broad experience in agile software development, cloud computing and building a team culture for innovation and experimentation. This post holder should have these skills and experience:
- Extensive experience developing digital solutions
- Experience working with Technology Partners and collaborating to implement solutions
- Experience leading an innovation team, and fostering an innovation culture
- Excellent knowledge and experience leading technical teams to develop digital solutions using agile and iterative approaches, with a focus on user centricity and human cantered design
- Broad and deep knowledge of Cloud computing and solutions, and other emerging technologies
- Familiar with using Open Source Software and Libraries
- Proven experience selecting appropriate development and infrastructure platforms to support solution outcomes
- Strategic and can challenge the status-quo on technology selection, and develop plans for successful delivery of challenging objectives
- The ability to operate in rapidly changing and growth business environment
- Background of delivering digital solutions with a positive impact and measurable outcomes
- Outstanding influencing skills and the ability to work in a highly matrixed organisation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A proven self-starter and is entrepreneurial in spirit
- Fluency in English
- Bachelor’s or postgraduate degree or equivalent practical experience
- Keenly interested in the work of TBI and share in our mission and values
Please note, it is essential you have an existing right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Please note that due to the upcoming holiday period we will not be able to advise on the success of your application until January 2023.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.