The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Product Development Manager
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
The Product Development Manager within the Asset and Offerings Incubation (AOI) Team will have the responsibility for managing the development of technical assets that will accelerate digital adoption with government clients.
This role will work with colleagues across TBI to identify, prioritise and develop technical assets that support our Global Advisory work, and once deployed will demonstrate nascent and tangible value to governments. The Product Development Manager will have the responsibility of developing the instructions and plans to deploy, run and scale the assets so as to provide long term transformation and impact, and enable Advisors from the Global Client Solutions team (GCS) to deliver the solution to government clients.
This position will report to the Head of the AOI team, and work with a multi-disciplinary team that includes Solution Architects, Cloud Architects, Product Designers, Developers, Testers, and Researchers. The team will be propositional in what is developed, based on requests from central and country teams, insights, and learnings, as well as supportive of the demand for new offerings and capabilities to government clients.
The role may involve directing and leading the co-development of assets that leverages partner tech solutions and will require effective collaboration with the Partnership team to develop the strategy and plan for greatest impact, with the potential for international rollout and usage.
The purpose of this newly created role is to extend our influence and impact to our government clients. The position collaborates, directs, and leads with a mindset for impact and accelerated value. Success in this role will be measured by the influence the technical assets have with government clients, and the uptake of TBI offerings related to the assets.
The AOI team is part of the Global Innovation Unit within TBI’s Strategy and Partnership Division.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Lead the technical team to gather and define scope of technical assets
- Managing the technical implementation that would involve designing and developing assets that are fit for purpose and deliver expected outcomes
- Working with TBI teams to understand the implementation approach for government clients
- Lead/support agile delivery ceremonies including day to day engagement execution including stand ups and play backs
- Manage stakeholders internal to TBI, supporting the appropriate governance structures
- Responsible for licensing of assets in order to retain IP
- Lead development and harvesting of technical assets to support repeatability
- Ensuring assets developed, operational systems and processes align and support the GIU strategy
- Support development of references and government/implementation success stories
Key internal relationships: Director of Technology (GCS), Sector Heads (GCS), Country Heads of Technology, Strategic Advisors (GCS), Program Integrators and Program Managers (GCS).
This post would be a fit for a Technical Project Manager with broad experience in agile software development, cloud computing and building a team culture for innovation and experimentation. This post holder should have these skills and experience:
- Experience developing digital solutions
- Experience leading an innovation team, and fostering an innovation culture
- Excellent knowledge and experience leading technical teams to develop digital solutions using agile and iterative approaches, with a focus on user centricity and human cantered design
- Broad and deep knowledge of Cloud computing and solutions, and other emerging technologies
- Familiarity with using Open Source Software and Libraries
- Proven experience selecting appropriate development and infrastructure platforms to support solution outcomes
- Strategic and can challenge the status-quo on technology selection, and develop plans for successful delivery of challenging objectives
- The ability to operate in rapidly changing and growth business environment
- Background of delivering digital solutions with a positive impact and measurable outcomes
- Outstanding influencing skills and the ability to work in a highly matrixed organisation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A proven self-starter and is entrepreneurial in spirit
- Fluency in English
- Bachelor’s or postgraduate degree or equivalent practical experience
- Keenly interested in the work of TBI and share in our mission and values
Please note, it is essential you have an existing right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Please note that due to the upcoming holiday period we will not be able to advise on the success of your application until January 2023.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.