The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Manila
Senior Manager, Philippines
Job Reference tbigc/TP/53380/869 #LI-NM1
Focus of the Role
The Advisory practice within the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) advises reforming political leaders and governments on strategy, policy and delivery and in so doing achieve significant and positive impact for citizens around the world.
A growing element of our Advisory Practice is our work in Asia. This includes a track record of success in Central Asia, a new large-scale project in Indonesia, and multiple new opportunities in Asia. This represents an exciting and newly defined geographic management area for TBI, with exciting growth plans for 2023 to expand our impact, FTE size and footprint.
To support our growth, we are recruiting a Senior Manager (Philippines-focused) to lead, build, and strengthen our offer and solution areas to ensure TBI country teams are effectively equipped to support leaders to make change happen. Based in Singapore, the role will report to a Director.
As Senior Manager, you will work closely with Directors and the Managing Director, Asia. You will support the Institute’s entry into Philippines by developing clear business development strategies and operationalizing these plans. You will help grow and mentor a team of Manager(s) and Associate(s) and build a culture of excellence. When needed, you will build trusting relationships with government leaders in the Philippines and helping them deliver on their aspirations.
This is an exciting opportunity requiring exceptional candidates with relevant experiences and competencies.
We are looking for an outstanding individual:
- With broad and comprehensive experience in government, government advisory, management consulting or other organisational leadership in any part of the world
- With a personal passion for politics and government, bringing demonstrable expertise in public policy or administration, economics, international relations or another similar field. Experience in technology is an asset
- Who is a skilled communicator and influencer, is adept at speaking to senior leadership, knows how to navigate ambiguous environments and is comfortable at managing up and beyond hierarchy
- Who is able to build trusted relationships with senior leaders
- With a track record of leading high-performing teams and proven ability to manage, inspire and retain teams to achieve exceptional objectives
- Who is energized by coaching and mentorship and takes joy in the growth of others
- Who is a team player and is skilled in influencing and delivering change through others
- With excellent project management, people management, and strategic planning skills
- An ability to work independently, think strategically and translate strategies into concrete and implementable plans
- Who can navigate ambiguous environments
- Who has a deep interest in Philippines, its people, and its growth
- Who has worked in developing and emerging economies
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees from globally reputable institutions (MBA preferred)
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We do this through developing policy and advising governments. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.