The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Job Reference tbigc/TP/5126/878 #LI-AG1
Focus of the Role
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change aims to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies in an interconnected world. We do this through developing policy and advising governments.
TBI is hiring a Research Analyst to help inform and shape our policy work. Working to Director, Political Insights, you’ll be part of the Institute’s Political Team, assisting in the development of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis. You will be responsible for monitoring and analysing published polling for insights, particularly in policy areas relevant to TBI workstreams; recommending research opportunities to support of our policy teams in their Work. You’ll also support and contribute to policy papers and reports across the Institute.
The duties of this post-holder:
- A degree in public policy or equivalent
- Experience working in polling or market research
- Proven written and communication skills, helping ensure our work is accessible to a variety of audiences
- An interest in political polling and supporting progressive movements in the UK and internationally
- Experience of conducting quantitative and qualitative research
- Monitor and analyse published polling of particular interest to the TBI policy areas, providing a summary of the key findings, analysis of developments in public attitudes and any shifts in policy debates
- Support the Director, Political Insights in developing research proposals with TBI policy leads, either to inform planned policy output or to identify independent research projects that enhance media cut through
- Provide research support to the political team in a timely and efficient manner
- Assisting in the development of original research involving primary analytical work as well as secondary analysis of the academic and policy literature
- Review and summarise research findings clearly and concisely
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and perform other duties as reasonably required to achieve the goals of your team and the Institute
The successful candidate for the role should be able to display the majority of the following:
- A passion for using analysis and creativity to provide radical policy solutions that can help to revitalise the centre ground of politics.
- An interest in the big political and policy questions facing governments in the UK and globally
- Familiarity with using quantitative techniques to analyse data
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools such as Stata or SPSS
- Ability to write with clarity and impact
- Proven high standard of verbal communication
- Strong understanding of other marketing & media disciplines such as social media, print and broadcast
- An ability to work flexibly and to tight deadlines in a fast and unpredictable environment.
It is essential that you have an existing right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We do this through developing policy and advising governments. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.