The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Singapore
Job Reference tbigc/TP/53380/880 #LI-NM1
Focus of the Role
The Advisory practice within the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) advises reforming political leaders and governments on strategy, policy and delivery and in so doing achieve significant and positive impact for citizens around the world.
A growing element of our Advisory Practice is our work in Asia. This includes a track record of success in Central Asia, a new large-scale project in Indonesia, and multiple new opportunities in Asia. This represents an exciting and newly defined geographic management area for TBI, with exciting growth plans for 2023 to expand our impact, FTE size and footprint.
To support our growth, we are recruiting a Manager to lead, build, and strengthen our offering and solution areas to ensure TBI country teams are effectively equipped to support leaders to make change happen. Based in Singapore, the role will report to the Manager Director, Asia.
As Manager, you will support the Institute’s entry into various parts of Asia by developing strategies for entry and operationalising these plans. You will help grow and mentor a team of Associate(s) and build a culture of excellence in the Singapore office.
Please note, it is essential you have an existing right to work in SINGAPORE to apply for this role.
Team Management and Culture:
- Lead a team of Associates to develop high-quality research and analysis – with utmost focus on developing actionable insights for TBI leadership
- Coach and mentor the team to its fullest potential with focus on core advisory skillsets and toolkits (e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel)
- Build a high-performing culture with a continued focus on learning and development
- Be an active member of the TBI Manager cohort, building strong, collaborative relationships across TBI and actively champion TBI’s values
- When needed, lead teams to support TBI Asia’s country teams to deliver on the aspirations of their leaders
- Recruit Associate(s) for future growth
Leadership and Strategy:
- Work directly with Managing Director, Asia to deliver on special projects across Asia
- Produce thought leadership to showcase our Asia successes and build a distinctive Asia voice across the Institute
We are looking for an outstanding individual:
- With significant experience in managing delivery in government, government advisory, management consulting or other organisational leadership
- With a personal passion for politics and government, bringing demonstrable expertise in public policy or administration, economics, international relations or another similar field.
- Experience in technology is an asset
- Who is a skilled communicator and influencer, is adept at speaking to senior leadership, knows how to navigate ambiguous environments and is comfortable at managing up and beyond hierarchy
- With a track record of leading high-performing teams and proven ability to manage, inspire and retain teams to achieve exceptional objectives
- Who is a team player and is skilled in influencing and delivering change through others
- With excellent project management, people management, and strategic planning skills
- An ability to work independently, think strategically and translate strategies into concrete and implementable plans
- Who has a deep interest in Asia, its people, and its growth
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees from globally reputable institutions (MBA preferred)
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We do this through developing policy and advising governments. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.