Job Reference tbigc/TP/5126/882 #LI-AG1
Focus of the Role
The Global Philanthropy Partners (GPP) team at the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) is responsible for securing private philanthropic capital and delivering the wider Business Development & Income agenda for the Institute. The purpose of this role is to work as part of a team to effectively steward the Institute’s global philanthropic relationships, ensuring they remain engaged as active supporters of our work.
The Institute has a high-level, global network, which the postholder will assist in engagement activities to amplify our message and maintain and deepen relationships through a wide range of communications and events. The right candidate will have working experience of stewardship practices, from marketing to events, both individualised and group engagement activities. The Development Associate will work to strengthen our stewardship activities and processes at an exciting time of growth and evolution where network engagement, development and retention will take a central position.
Please note, it is essential you have an existing right to work in UK to apply for this role.
Essential responsibilities will include:
- Providing support for the implementation of the stewardship strategy and related activities.
- Organising and supporting events, group briefings and meetings.
- Working closely with internal teams to coordinate and identify relevant content to be shared in a timely manner.
- Producing tailored written briefings and communications including mailings for donor stewardship.
- Management of CRM marketing, including the coordination of mailing lists for the stewardship function.
- Award management: from welcome pack to instalment management, working with our Finance team and TBF-US on managing financial tracking, gift policies and gift management.
- Producing written reports which includes coordination and collaboration with colleagues and external donors.
- Donor and Stakeholder research, mapping and segmentation
- Keeping abreast of donor activities, interests and milestones
- Management of correspondence from members of the public, including coordinating and drafting responses.
- Responsible for CRM data integrity, segmentation and input.
The ideal candidate should have experience in a relationship management role with experience of organising events and communications. They will have strong verbal and written communication alongside excellent interpersonal skills. They will have a proven track record of coordinating and collaborating on activities with both their immediate team and across wider teams in an organisation.
The postholder will need an excellent eye for detail and the ability to review, analyse and cross-reference data for quality control. Experience of working with Microsoft dynamics or a similar customer relationship management platform would be an advantage. GDPR knowledge is also essential for the role.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We do this through developing policy and advising governments. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.