Institute Resources Internship
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
The overall purpose of the internship is to help us deliver on a range of challenging projects in the areas of operations, employee engagement (including organising staff events), learning and development, recruitment, finance, legal, and risk management.
Please note this is an 8 week internship programme, starting 6th July to 28th August 2020.
The recently formed Institute Resources constitutes our integrated support service function and has a key role to play in enabling our people to carry out their work globally. Our summer interns will have a unique opportunity to work on rotation across a wide range of specialties including HR, Operations, Legal and Finance. You’ll rotate through each part of the team before working on agreed projects for the rest of the internship. This is an opportunity to learn how we support the Institute and directly contribute to its success through real projects.
People Team (HR):
- Development of learning and development programmes and resources working with the Learning and Development Project Manager
- Development of new approaches to acquiring and retaining talent
Legal and Risk :
- Undertake research related to relevant legal topics
- Support due diligence activities
- Gaining an overview of finance, including management reporting, accounts preparation and tax
- Assisting with accounts payable processes
- Help colleagues use technology in a modern global workplace
- Understand how customer service and technology skills work together
The ideal candidate will have an interest in working in a business support function, and want to gain broad experience in the work of our Institute Resources teams. Whilst there are no minimum educational requirements – we’re looking for potential - it’s an advantage if you can demonstrate practical experience or educational achievements in a business support function.
- A keen interest in our work as an Institute, and sharing of knowledge and personal development
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise against tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- A collaborative and supportive team-player
- Great interpersonal skills - able to establish good cross departmental working relationships
- User experience focused - flexible & adaptable approach
- Great time management skills
- Must appreciate the demands of working within a growing business and remain solutions focused. This will at times involve taking on unfamiliar tasks and managing their own workloads
- Enthusiastic, self-driven, ambitious and always seeking continuous improvement
- Must be able to demonstrate discretion with sensitive information.
About The Institute
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change we are dedicated to making globalisation work for the many, not the few. We do this by helping countries, their people and their governments, address some of the most difficult challenges in the world today – beginning with those where we think we can break new ground, offering leaders new thinking and new approaches. Our staff – over 200 of them, based all over the world – are working on some of the most intractable problems around issues of co-existence, governance, the peace process in the Middle East and renewing the centre.