The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Singapore
Regional Director, SEA
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
The Advisory practice within the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) advises reforming political leaders and governments on strategy, policy and delivery and achieve significant and positive impact for citizens around the world.
We are looking for a Regional Director with a strong background in politics to be part of TBI’s Asian practice. This person will be a leader of our client engagement work in Southeast Asia region. This role will be managing the Country Directors and provide oversight and direction to the relevant teams and work in their regions. They will build and maintain deep relationships with political leaders across the countries, manage and contribute to the overall global advisory team of TBI and work closely with the MD, Asia.
Relocation will be provided.
The successful candidate must work with the MD, Asia and the rest of the team to:
- Strategically lead and manage a portfolio of country programmes, ensuring the delivery of high-quality advice and programmes
- Drive and deliver the further expansion of our work within the Southeast Asia region
- Build and execute strategic and operational plans to support the rapid growth within the region
- Establish effective and trusted relationships with senior politicians in government, including Presidents, PMs, Ministers and Special Advisors, securing mandates with multiple key counterparts as a regular point of contact
- Develop and position the TBI Government Advisory value proposition to increase market share, reputation and sustainability in Asia
- Provide strategic advice on how to navigate the complex political landscape of Asia. This may involve developing and executing a comprehensive strategy that takes into account the region's cultural, social, and economic nuances
- Build, lead, coach and direct their direct reports of Country Directors, working collaboratively with the Advisory Asia team, TBI Internal team in the UK, and global colleagues to:
- Establish, review and maintain the strategy, objectives and key results for each country programme, with a clear measurement framework;
- Ensure our work is strategic, relevant and technically excellent, and delivers our mission to equip leaders to build open and inclusive societies in an interconnected, global world;
- Act as a thought partner to teams to help provide innovative solutions to government and leadership problems and frame them in a compelling way;
- Ensure the growth and development of a high-performing culture and provide a continued focus on learning and development
- Shape and embody a positive culture that drives ambition, innovation and delivery
- Oversee and be accountable for recruitment within the region, supporting Country Directors to hire, manage and develop, critically providing quality control of new hires and mentoring
- Build and utilise regional level networks, including with relevant multilateral fora, and act as a representative of TBI including public-speaking and media engagements
- Contribute to fundraising strategies, donor mapping across a wide group of stakeholders
- Manage and be accountable for the regional budget
- Ensure expenditure is utilised in line with budget, with robust management accounts and accountability established amongst budget delegations
- Ensure all necessary risk, legal and financial processes are in place for the successful delivery of work and safety and security of employees
- Be an active member of the TBI leadership cohort, building strong, collaborative relationships across TBI and actively champion TBI’s values
The Regional Directors will be experienced and successful leaders:
- Extensive experience in politics, government, government advisory, management consulting or other organisational leadership
- With deep understanding on the workings of politics in Asia
- With experience working with government officials, business leaders, and other influential stakeholders in the Asia region
- Who are strategic, entrepreneurial, can challenge the status-quo and develop plans for successful delivery of challenging objectives
- With strong leadership experience in government, consulting or advisory functions
- With a track record of success in generating new business and developing an organization
- With demonstrable expertise in economics, public policy, or international relations
- With outstanding leadership and management skills and the proven ability to build and inspire teams to achieve exceptional objectives
- Who are skilled communicators and influencers, from executive office level through to technical level, are adept at speaking to senior leadership, know how to navigate ambiguous environments and are comfortable at managing up and beyond hierarchy
- Who have worked or consulted in developing and emerging economies and are sensitive to a diverse range of cultural and regional norms, and fosters a positive spirit of collaboration