The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Accra
Digital Transformation Advisor
This job has been closed.
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
Please note, it is essential you have an existing right to work in Ghana to apply for this role.
Are you excited by the prospect of transforming and developing emerging nations in Africa through the application of technology and innovations across the whole of government? Do you have experience consulting or working with government in the tech sector, driving systemic and transformative change in an emerging or developing country?
Enabled by a dynamic external partner, the Tomorrow Partnership programme in Ghana works in close coordination with government and other tech stakeholders in the deployment of tech solutions, drawing on expertise across TBI’s Advisory, Global Client Solutions and Strategy and Partnerships divisions. Working closely with the Ghana advisory team and members across the Digital and Technology Transformation programme, the advisor will undertake a strategically important role, supporting the successful delivery of flagship projects focussed on National Digital Infrastructure, data for development harmonization, all aligned with Ghana’s Digital ID efforts.
As part of a larger landmark initiative that is being delivered across 30 countries worldwide, the Ghana Tomorrow Partnership programme works closely with the central government to deploy data technologies to support tech-enabled initiatives. This role will support delivery of an exciting opportunity working with ministries and agencies across government to implement a Common National Digital Architecture (CNDA), and support wider data harmonization efforts. This role requires an ambitious candidate, ideally with relevant expertise, strong consulting capabilities, and a drive for results.
This is an initial fixed term role of one year.
Key outcomes of the role
- Lead on Government of Ghana’s Common National Digital Architecture (CNDA) project in achieving outputs towards tangible results. Specifically, to include workshop facilitation, writing tender documents, landscape assessments, data harmonization, financial analysis, and supporting the identification and deployment of Tech solutions across sectors, ranging from Births and Deaths registry to digital government use cases such as digital ID, tax revenue and ease of doing business
- Engage, as required, with government officials securing mandate with at least one key counterpart as regular contact
- Support the TBI Senior Advisor, Digital and Tech Transformation and the Ghana Tech team in delivery and implementation of flagship components of the Tomorrow Partnership country programme
- The candidate will be working at the Ministry of Communications and Digitalisation in Ghana and other Ministries and Agencies as required
- Delivery: lead in delivery of strategic analysis, including addressing tactical requests from government stakeholders requiring in-depth analyses (e.g., benchmarking, performance reporting, gap analysis, strategy development), as well as leading on the delivery of software solutions implemented through partners
- Government Relations: support the team in maintaining effective and trusted relationships with senior stakeholders across government
- Procurement: define and design procurement strategy to enable and support the onboarding of implementation partners to build the capacity needed to implement Government programs such as CNDA. The post holder is expected to write ToR’s, review proposals to ensure alignment with the procurement strategy.
- People: Shape and embody a culture that drives innovation and delivery. The post holder is expected to play a key role in the in-country team and will be expected to maintain strong working relationships with colleagues
- External Relations (non-governmental): Support the country teams in preparing documents (e.g., presentations, briefs, reports) for engagement with relevant external stakeholders such as tech hubs/incubators, investors, other not for profit organisations, media, suppliers and agencies
- One TBI: the post holder will formally report to the Senior Advisor Digital and Technology transformation, Ghana
- Internal Reporting: The advisor will support the project management team on project relevant internal reporting, supporting key reporting products for the Ghana Tech team, such as assisting with the reporting for Objectives and Key Results, internal updates on Tech workstreams and reporting against the Tech strategic framework
We are looking for an experienced candidate with:
- Broad and comprehensive experience in management consulting, or government advisory
- Demonstrable experience in designing and leading on Enteprise Architectures and digital transformation programmes
- Experience in business operations, technology, consulting or advisory functions
- Experience in digital transformation in other sectors or public service highly desired
- Who is strategic and can challenge the status-quo and develop plans for successful growth and delivery of challenging objectives
- Who commits to business objectives and pulls out the stops to make sure they are always met
- Strong writing and time management skills and the proven ability to deliver against expected objectives
- Who has worked or consulted in developing and emerging economies and is sensitive to a diverse range of cultural and regional norms, and will foster a positive spirit of collaboration between our countries and our tech transformation offer
- A Bachelor’s or postgraduate degree or equivalent practical experience
- Candidates with fluency in English required
- With strong skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, and a proven ability to conduct benchmarking analyses and present complex information in a concise manner
- Existing right to work in Ghana