The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Manila, Philippines
Job Reference tbigc/TP/118016/946 #LI-NI1
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
TBI continues to rapidly grow its team in Asia. To support our work, we are recruiting an outstanding candidate to provide effective and efficient support to the TBI team in the Philippines and to ensure smooth administrative and operational delivery. This includes administrative, operational and business setup support to the TBI management and other staff members.
The role will initially report to our Country Director, Philippines, will work closely with central teams, including the Global Security and Operations Team and Finance Team, and will also be part of a wider cohort of Operations Assistants. The postholder will deliver excellent logistical, operational and administrative support to our people and work closely with our teams on the ground.
The Operations Assistant will be either directly responsible for implementing the tasks below or will provide oversight of staff and departments that perform these functions.
Business setup support
- Financial management; support with problem solving issues that arise, supporting setting up bank accounts and management of cash in-country. Ensure we maintain minimum cash levels in case of security evacuation
- Support in setting up appropriate office locations. Conduct and document security assessments of new buildings. Ensure a facilities list is kept up to date for your area of responsibility
- Liaise with Legal and Finance teams to ensure adequate documentation and support with ad-hoc requests related our corporate entity in Singapore and London
Ongoing business support functions
- IT: liaise with central IT support and HR onboarding teams, to ensure that all staff have adequate IT equipment
- HR and staffing: liaise with central HR teams to manage onboarding of new staff, advise country staff on HR and staffing policies, ensure team members in country have the correct right to work permit/visas
- Admin: support team with logistics support
- Travel: Ensure the consistent use of and adherence to the TBI travel management system and procedures
- Coordinate in country moves outside of core locations
- Support visa applications and arrival procedures of international staff and visitors to the programme
- Ensure that all international staff and visitors have a working means of communication within 24 hours of arrival in country
- Onboard and oversee local vendors including cleaners, local IT etc.
- Ensure local government and company policies are being followed regarding protocols and procedures
- Liaise with the Global Security and Operations Team to ensure protocols are followed and identify and flag operational risks to the Country Director
- Support projects with leadership visits and events as needed in the region with the logistics coordination between the teams involved
- Monitor and send country security updates to the Global Security and Operations Team
- Participate in the crisis management team in the event of a medical or security emergency
- Maintain location monthly finance tracker and petty cash
- Manage financial activities in compliance with TBI policy and procedures
- Support in central financial management including preparing requests for advance of funds and/or direct payments; monitoring budget expenditures and maintaining a proper record of budgets and spending
Safety, security and access
- With support from the Global Operations and Security team, develop country level security SOPs that are contextually appropriate to the risk to TBI staff and activities in country
- Maintain an active network with other agencies as well as key interlocutors to ensure that TBI understands the security context. Notify the Country Director and Global and Security and Operations Team when the political or security situation may impact TBI’s staff or activities
- Ensure that any violation of safety and security rules as well as security incidents are reported to the Country Director and Global Operations and Security team
- Work with the Country Director to enable safe access for TBI staff to new areas and identify key stakeholders and interlocutors relevant to the area of operation
- Ensure that all TBI locations are compliant with fire regulations and equipped with firefighting equipment where necessary
- Act as the point of contact in country to carry our security tasks as directed by the Global Security and Operations team
- Maintain an up to date country Flap sheet and communications tree
It is also expected that the postholder will cover any other duties as required where capacity and availability permits. These duties will be communicated in advance and agreed with the Country Director where possible.
The individual should work to the highest standard with a keen attention to detail delivering workable solutions to various teams with competing priorities.
It is essential you proactively engage with the business and be bold in their approach, working to make change for the better and improve operational efficiency and reduce the threat to our people, assets and reputation. Be an ambassador for the team and build trust with those with whom they engage. You should also be solution orientated.
In addition, candidates must be able to demonstrate some experience of:
- Programme management
- Security, operations, logistics and administration in the Philippines
Fluency in written and spoken English and Filipino is required. The successful candidate will be a citizen of the Philippines.