The following content displays a map of the jobs location - New Delhi, India
Job Reference tbigc/TP/118016/947 #LI-NI1
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
TBI India is seeking a skilled policy specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in management consulting or policy making and will be responsible for providing strategic advice and recommendations to Provincial Ministers and top government officials on various strategy, policy, and delivery issues.
Associates represent most of our teams worldwide and enjoy amazing career opportunities. Whether they are at TBI for a small or large share of their career, as Associates progress within the Institute, they are exposed to opportunities that help them contribute to projects that generate impact at scale.
Please note that you must have an existing right to work in India to apply for this role.
Associates must be able to operate with clients and across TBI with professionalism, confidentiality, integrity, and tact. Their key responsibilities include:
- Conduct research and data analysis to inform recommendations on existing and future government policies and programs
- Keep abreast of industry trends, data sources, and developments to provide clients with the best advice
- Analyse the effectiveness of government policies and programs and develop recommendations for improving such policies and programs
- Conduct error-free and timely analysis using an appropriate medium (e.g., PowerPoint and Word) in client-friendly language and with visuals
Project & Team Management
- Supports meeting facilitation and presentations through pre-preparation, active listening, insightful contributions, and note-taking
- Entry level experience in a top-tier management consulting firm. Alternatively, experience from a non-consulting firm (e.g., political staffer, multi-laterals, civil society organisations), but a Master’s in public policy, business administration, or economics from a top-tier global institute.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to independently conduct qualitative & quantitative research
- Enterprising attitude (proactive, optimistic, results-focused), collaborative (intellectual curiosity, thoughtful), and motivated (growth mindset, self-starter, willingness to travel extensively)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including experience with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as public policy, business administration, or economics, is preferred but not mandatory