The following content displays a map of the jobs location - New Delhi, India
Senior Manager, India
Job Reference tbigc/TP/118016/950 #LI-NI1
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
TBI India is seeking a highly skilled policy specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in management consulting or policy-making and will be responsible for providing strategic advice and recommendations to Provincial Ministers and top government officials on various strategy, policy, and delivery issues.
As a Senior Manager, you will work closely with the Country Director and lead complex project stream(s). Further, you will be responsible for the project team’s end-to-end program and personnel management. You will help manage, grow, and mentor a team of Manager(s) and Associate(s). In addition, as a Senior Manager, you will be our first point of contact with on-ground client counterparts.
Please note that you must have an existing right to work in India to apply for this role.
Senior Managers must demonstrate the ability to work independently, think strategically, lead small yet high-performing teams, and manage client relationships. Such candidates often bring a personal passion for politics, are skilled communicators, have a knack for navigating ambiguous environments, and build trusted relationships with senior leaders. Their key responsibilities include:
- Analyse the effectiveness of government policies and programs and develop recommendations for improving such policies and programs
- Manage and conduct error-free analysis and communicate using an appropriate medium (e.g., PowerPoint and Word) with strong storylines, client-friendly language, and appealing visuals
- Keep abreast of industry trends, data sources, and developments to provide clients with the best advice
Project & Team Management
- Proficiently facilitate meetings and make presentations through pre-preparation, agenda setting, active listening, and insightful contributions
- Manage the team’s day-to-day activities, develop implementation plans and timelines, and empower the team through effective delegation
- Lead Analyst(s), Associate(s), and Manager(s) in developing high-quality research and analysis and enhancing their core advisory toolkit
- Support management of core client relationships, including communicating with clients regularly, gathering client feedback, and nurturing a trusted advisor relationship
- Support in building a high-performing team culture, championing TBI values, and support establishing the India office
- Support business development opportunities by rapidly developing a deep understanding of political and topical dynamics
- Proactively seek opportunities to engage and leverage global TBI teams and network to bring the best of TBI to our clients
- Experience in a top-tier management consulting firm. Alternatively, significant experience from a non-consulting firm (e.g., political staffer, multi-laterals, civil society organisations), but a Master’s in public policy, business administration, or economics from a top-tier global institute.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to independently conduct qualitative & quantitative research
- Enterprising attitude (proactive, optimistic, results-focused), collaborative (intellectual curiosity, thoughtful), and motivated (growth mindset, self-starter, willingness to travel extensively)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including experience with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as public policy, business administration, or economics, is preferred but not mandatory